Broken windows around Union Street area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Wednesday 27 February 2013 10.02am
I have received lots of enquiries from concerned residents about this and have been liaising with both the police and community safety team at Southwark, who are being very active behind the scenes. The police are due to issue a press release with a photo very soon - I believe James Hatts is on the case with the police press office as well.

The police Safer Neighbourhood Team have a drop in surgery this Friday at the Trundle St police base between 5.30 and 6.30 for anyone who wants a one to one with them about their concerns. I have also arranged a public meeting with the police for 7pm this Friday at the Ability Media community space, 56 Southwark Bridge Rd (corner of Union St and Southwark Bridge Rd - formerly Borough Community Centre) where people can get more information and share their concerns with the police, local councillors, fellow residents and businesses etc. Apologies for the short notice and that it is on a Friday evening but we felt that this needed to happen as soon as possible.
Wednesday 27 February 2013 10.50am
ClareCathedrals: sent an email to your googlegroup address and had it bounced back.
Wednesday 27 February 2013 11.23am
Instead of drop-in meetings for people to air their concerns (seriously, what do they expect to learn other than "I am concerned because someone put a brick through my window"?), and leaflets and photos and press liaison, is it possible that the police resource could be diverted to...I don't know....do something like get some police officers on the streets and find the person who's doing this?

Or would it be better to set up some CCTV, a Facebook page, and a Twitter feed?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 27 February 2013 1.35pm
There was a drunken man singing (very out of tune) near Avon Place last night for about an hour. I wonder if it is related... I've only just put 2 + 2 together today but I'll call the police if it happens again so they can attend the man.
Wednesday 27 February 2013 2.38pm
Karen007 wrote:
There was a drunken man singing (very out of tune) near Avon Place last night for about an hour. I wonder if it is related... I've only just put 2 + 2 together today but I'll call the police if it happens again so they can attend the man.

That's IT! His singing must've shattered the windows... ;)
Wednesday 27 February 2013 2.46pm
This is starting to sound like the movie "M"
Wednesday 27 February 2013 2.47pm
Karen007 wrote:
Perhaps the police will accompany him to the station.
Wednesday 27 February 2013 2.49pm
Our front window was smashed on 14th Feb in Great Guildford Street together with a neighbour who had a window smashed. Damage was caused by a brick which was left laying on the pavement. This has been going on for at least a couple of weeks now and seems to be getting more frequent. Lets hope the police are giving it the attention it deserves and catch someone soon!
Thursday 28 February 2013 6.07am
Hi Guys,

FYI- It is now 5.59am on Thursday 28th Feb. the male responsible for smashing the windows has strikes again this morning in the SE1 area. I myself assisted police in trying to detain the male responsible, I have now seen this male twice, the dirt was on Sunday where I saw a black male, 5ft9, wearing a beanie hat and dark clothing, the male was seen by myself throwing on object through the window of Munchies cafe on Marshalsea Rd, he has now come back again and done thing. He has also attacked numerous other private and residential properties along the way.

The man walked away so calmly even passing a police car but manager to escape capture. To me this is very worrying as it is someone who obviously has no fear, he is striking the same properties repeatedly, a very aggrivating feature. This guy is clearly mentally unstable or on fact someone who is doing a job of some sort, on behalf of a business ie a window company. I myself am very concerned not only for the damage but the fact that there is a male attacking people's homes in the early hours of the morning. Really hope the police catch this guy ASAP, as its making me and other local residents very uneasy.
Thursday 28 February 2013 6.14am
Further to my last, the guy responsible seems to be at targeting property between the hours of 2.30-3.30am. On both occasions just to reiterate, the man has been wearing a bkack beanie hat, with a shirt dark jacket and jeans. On the two occasions I have witnessed, I have seen his face the first time and on the second I only seen him calmly walking away from the scene if crime. He walked so calmly, which made it even more disturbing. Last sighting was him walking to towards the shell garage just off of Marshalsea road, he may have a vehicle near by hence the reason why police are unable to detain.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network