Broken windows around Union Street area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Thursday 28 February 2013 6.20am
Sorry for the poor spelling and grammar, I used my iPhone to compose my message. Apologies.
Friday 1 March 2013 12.04pm
The Police have now released a CCTV image of the suspect...I just received an email from them...its not a great picture but hopefully it will get things moving
Friday 1 March 2013 12.48pm
Blimey - don't want to be negative but is that the best picture they can find from the loads of CCTV cameras in the area?

He looks like Kojak wearing a surgical mask.
Friday 1 March 2013 2.01pm
Boss St Bloke wrote:
Blimey - don't want to be negative...

'Negative' might have a double meaning in this context. Anthonyb said above that the man he saw carrying out this crime was black. If that's a picture of a black man then for me it's less than useless. Either that or there's more than one of the s*ds doing this. If Anthonyb is monitoring this thread - does that look anything like the guy you saw? Or did the man you saw have eyes, a nose and a mouth?
Friday 1 March 2013 2.56pm
That pic may look ridiculous to us but perhaps not to someone who knows this fella,who let's face it,probably wears that attire quite often.
Saturday 2 March 2013 2.01pm
Couldn't make last night's meeting: did anything emerge?

Smashed/boarded panes noticed today: the Document Centre on SBR (just north of the fire station) and a building opposite.
Saturday 2 March 2013 3.28pm
Vague description of perpetrator: Male, black, 5' 7" ish, wears jeans; possibly tracky bottoms, tracky top, padded waistcoat; possibly brown, and beany hat; sometimes red. Police suspect he knows the area and might live here. Their advise is to call 999 if you witness windows being smashed and make sure to say it is one in a large spate, call 101 if you discover a broken window, call crime stoppers on 0800 555 111 if you want to speak in confidence. Owing to the possibility that he could know someone at the meeting, or could be reading this thread, the police did not inform us of their plans but they have discussed it with Adele Morris. I was shocked by the number; 72 windows to date. Sadly, someone watched him smashing windows but didn't call the police at the time; they stressed anonymity would be guaranteed.
Sunday 3 March 2013 6.44pm
Just spotted another one outside 61 Union St, RK Burt & Co. Someone's then stuck a sticker advertising window repairs next to the hole. Bit cheeky
Saturday 9 March 2013 9.28am
More windows were broken on Thursday night and someone was arrested however it is early days and I don't know whether charges have been made yet. I understand that a concerted effort between police, other agencies and local residents led to the person being captured. The police advice is not to drop your guard until someone has been convicted, and they are still appealing for anyone with any evidence to come forward to help with their investigations.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network