Friars House

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 15 February 2013 10.56pm
I noticed that there is a redevelopment scheme going on at Friars House along Blackfriars Road. Does anyone know what is being planned for this site?
Saturday 16 February 2013 12.34pm
I thought the developers had pre-let the 1st to 8th floors to Practical Law Company.

Not sure what is happening to the ground floor.
Saturday 16 February 2013 12.55pm
Several new retail units on the ground floor

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 16 February 2013 1.01pm
James Hatts wrote:

That's nice, considering that the proposed Linden Homes development further up the road will take out half the retail space on Blackfriar's Road for its construction.

So, what do you reckon? Another overpriced convenience store that doesn't sell what you want to buy? Maybe a row of estate agents? How about a nice deli and a cobblers that opens at useful hours?
Saturday 16 February 2013 9.41pm
James Hatts wrote:
Thanks for the info
Sunday 17 February 2013 11.01am
See previous thread here

Since then, the building manager has confirmed Sainsbury's but is being coy about the other two spaces.
Friday 13 September 2013 7.55am
One of the other retail units will be Pret a Manger

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 13 September 2013 1.56pm
James Hatts wrote:
One of the other retail units will be Pret a Manger

So we're going to get another Sainsbury and another Pret, when there are instances of both already within 500m. I thought capitalism was supposed to provide choice.

Maybe, when we've got a load more people living at the Linden Homes development and the planned Berkeley Homes development further down the road, there might actually be enough people here to have useful shops, rather than more chain shops chasing the office-dwellers' pounds, and pubs that don't open at weekends.
Friday 13 September 2013 8.31pm
I still prefer Supersave Express just opposite Friars House. In there I can buy one stamp if I want, get my Oyster topped up, buy a nice fresh pain au chocolat, buy fab incense sticks, get my envelopes and try all sorts of lovely cartons of fresh juices. And they do a mean samosa too. Always friendly, very community-minded and always a smile and a joke. Try getting that at Sainsbury's as they bellow at you TILL NUMBER NINE! No connection, just prefer it!
Friday 13 September 2013 11.14pm
DebraG wrote:
I still prefer Supersave Express just opposite Friars House. In there I can buy one stamp if I want, get my Oyster topped up, buy a nice fresh pain au chocolat, buy fab incense sticks, get my envelopes and try all sorts of lovely cartons of fresh juices. And they do a mean samosa too. Always friendly, very community-minded and always a smile and a joke. Try getting that at Sainsbury's as they bellow at you TILL NUMBER NINE! No connection, just prefer it!

Very well put,i'd add to that the hot rolls in the morning though.

They are very nice people and I will continue to give my business to them also.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: