Price wars

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 15 February 2013 11.12pm
Who do the Cooperative think they are competing with? Fortnum and Mason or Harrods?

I have been deliberately avoiding these stores since they opened since I noticed immediately how the prices rose compare to the Costcutter stores they replaced. I made the mistake of deciding to nip into one tonight becaue it was convenient to find that in soviet style it was even poorer stocked and that the prices are now even higher than they were before. I've heard of inflation, but 20% in 2 months? Needless to say that I left and walked a few hundred yards to another less convenient store where I found the exact same products I was looking for available for as much as 30% less.
Saturday 16 February 2013 8.19am
That's the great thing about living in SE1 - vote with your feet.

I nipped into the the CoOp near Dockhead fro some wine I had forgot - it was like a ghost town. Things are just so darn expensive. Mind you - it's good for the local shops who can now compete again.

Surely the management must wonder why these places are so empty?
Saturday 16 February 2013 8.46am
It is quite odd, as Co-op's elsewhere aren't more expensive. I use the one in Sydenham quite regularly when I visit a friend and it's well priced and well run. Is it something about SE1 that we can't get proper stores.
Saturday 16 February 2013 8.59am
Agree Zoe, CO-OP is good eleswhere?
Saturday 16 February 2013 11.38am
Co-op down The Blue is pretty good. The one in SBR is noticeably expensive!
Saturday 16 February 2013 1.28pm
I've popped in to the Great Dover Street branch a couple of times and have bought a few items on offer, but that is the only way to get things at a reasonable price there.
Saturday 16 February 2013 7.42pm
Isnt the coop fairtrade and promises honest deals for its dairy and fresh producers? Isnt the matk up down to the fact it is not full of horsemeat bought cheap? I would rathe have a coop than pikey cost cutters which never had fruit or veg or good wine in stock any day of the week!
Saturday 16 February 2013 7.44pm
Pikey? Really?
Saturday 16 February 2013 7.45pm
Btw the one in b spa is okish prices
Saturday 16 February 2013 7.58pm
Please could we preferably avoid terms like 'pikey' on the forum - different people have different tolerance levels for such terms and it causes needless offence.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: