Dog mess on Union Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 20 February 2013 11.53am
Hi All,

Has anyone noticed the increased amount of dog mess found on Union Street?

Specifically by the blocks of housing near Great Guildford Street and by the Jerwood Space.

I'm getting sick and tired of having to watch where I walk - every morning I find a new "offering" to the street. I would have thought that people that live in the area would want to keep their streets clean, not sh*t on their own doorstep, so to speak.

Isn't it illegal to not pick up after your dogs? Is this something that should be reported to the council? What are the chances of them caring?
Wednesday 20 February 2013 12.00pm
DiDi wrote:
Isn't it illegal to not pick up after your dogs? Is this something that should be reported to the council?

Yes, of course. It is illegal to allow your dog, or any dog you are in charge of, to foul the footpath or any other public place. Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996

Southwark Council Website wrote:
What can we all do about dog fouling? Report it!
Please report any dog fouling incidents to us by filling in a street cleaning request or calling 020 7525 5777.
Wednesday 20 February 2013 12.13pm
Thank you, Truthmonkey.

I've submitted a request to the council. I just don't want to have to write to the council every day.
Wednesday 20 February 2013 12.19pm
No it must be awful for you DiDi. Perhaps drop an email to (you could copy your Councillors listed here) and see if the Community Wardens can pay the area a visit.
Wednesday 20 February 2013 12.59pm
Dog? I thought it was a horse,inbetween the Marlborough and Price Waterhouse (cycle lane) is just disgusting and i've noticed a similar sized problem outside St Georges school.
Wednesday 20 February 2013 1.04pm
I, too, have noticed the recent proliferation of dog mess, but around Webber Row and Webber St. It had been pretty clean for quite a while.

Probably a newcomer who doesn't give a s***!
Wednesday 20 February 2013 4.18pm
I have also noticed a similar problem on Pilgrimage St, just off Long Lane since probably the new year. Every morning there seems to be a 'fresh offering'.
Wednesday 20 February 2013 5.02pm
Quite awful recently around Tabbard Gardens as well.
Wednesday 20 February 2013 5.11pm
It's just occured to me: could it be fox poo? They are very active currently and range far and wide. Or do they bury theirs?

It just seems odd that suddenly there's mess almost all over SE1 by the sounds of it when there didn't used to be.
Wednesday 20 February 2013 5.16pm
I was shocked by the amount of dog mess in Potters Fields Park last week.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: