A nice brunch?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
mbb7 Saturday 23 February 2013 1.49am
Hi everyone,

I'm Mich, new to the forum. Nice to meet you. I work in the area and hence basically spend 5 days a week in SE1. Feeling like a brunch in a cozy place this weekend. Any recommendations ? Appreciate !

Cheers
Mich

Advertisement

SophieLondon Saturday 23 February 2013 12.35pm
hello Mich - welcome. I was reading your thread hoping people would share some nice suggestions... still waiting for the other ideas. I'm veggie and probably a bit weird in my food choices because I rather like Tas for a brunch / weekend lunch... It's the fresh falafel and real mint tea which do it for me :-)
JGarcia Saturday 23 February 2013 6.49pm
Lunch at 40 Maltby Street today was great. Opens at 11 and starts serving mains at 12. Get there early as it only has seating for 20 or so and gets packed by 12.30. Other good brunch/ lunch choices I'd say are good: Village East always good but not the cheapest, Arancia (other side of SE1 for great Latin breakfasts), Del Aziz in Bermondsey Sq is great but service can be patchy, For great coffee the Coffee@ in Berm Street is great, Or an early Sherry and Tapas as Jose on Bermondsey Street. The area is full of great places to eat - enjoy.
mbb7 Sunday 24 February 2013 12.21am
Thanks for all your great ideas JGarcia! I will try and start exploring !!

JGarcia wrote:
Lunch at 40 Maltby Street today was great. Opens at 11 and starts serving mains at 12. Get there early as it only has seating for 20 or so and gets packed by 12.30. Other good brunch/ lunch choices I'd say are good: Village East always good but not the cheapest, Arancia (other side of SE1 for great Latin breakfasts), Del Aziz in Bermondsey Sq is great but service can be patchy, For great coffee the Coffee@ in Berm Street is great, Or an early Sherry and Tapas as Jose on Bermondsey Street. The area is full of great places to eat - enjoy.
mbb7 Sunday 24 February 2013 12.22am
Sophie I'm sure there are loads of choice for you too ard the area?
maurits Sunday 24 February 2013 10.10am
The Laughing Gravy on the Blackfriars Road have an excellent brunch menu on Sunday's. From the traditional Eggs Benedict to a very quirky breakfast interpretation of Bubble and Squeak.
rlw31 Monday 25 February 2013 9.50am
Bea's Diner on Druid Street (part of the Maltby Street Market) does a great American-style brunch on Saturdays. If you like pancakes or French toast, check it out. Again, it's worth getting there early.
urbanite Monday 25 February 2013 10.32am
I like The Table on Southwark Street and Joe's Kitchen on Marshalsea Road. Antico on Bermondsey Street/Long Lane....expensive if you pay full price but they often have deals (50% off food) on www.TopTable.com which makes it good value.
urbanite Monday 25 February 2013 10.39am

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions