Dog mess in Reverdy and Balaclava Roads

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
graham Saturday 23 February 2013 8.09pm
I've had some complaints about dog mess in Reverdy Road.
I asked council officers to spray some stencils on the pavement,
hoping it will make dog owners think twice!

Please let me know if it makes any difference, or if you want stencils in your street!

Advertisement

JimG Sunday 24 February 2013 12.04am
Longley street is pretty bad as well. When the dogs are all compulsorarily chipped - could there not be some sort of doggy dna database created and then persistent poo offenders could be identified? I guess it would all cost money but this could be recouped from fines?? Just a bright idea late on a saturday night
graham Sunday 24 February 2013 10.05am
I think the dog chipping law could make a difference.
Not sure when it comes into force.
Zoe Sunday 24 February 2013 11.09am
I'm not convinced it will make a big difference as my dog is chipped but it doesn't make me clean up after my dog and very few councils have the resources to do any enforcement.

I believe the intention of chipping is to prevent straying, which isn't a major problem around here, but in a lot of Northern towns it isn't odd to suddenly come upon a Rottweiler allowed to wander the streets scaring people. Given the sheer scale of the problem of abandoned dogs, hopefully that extra effort required will stop a few of the worst owners from just getting a dog on an impulse.

I clean up after my dog because I think it's the right thing to do and we need to convince that minority of dog owners who don't (using peer pressure where we can). I think the stencils are a good idea.
SophieLondon Sunday 24 February 2013 6.06pm
I've also noticed an increasing amount of dog mess on pavements - in particular on Balfour St and in the Victory Community Park. I've noticed that people use the enclosed childrens play area in that park as a dog run at night (even though its labelled as being a non-dog area). Any suggestions - is it worth reporting to the council?

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions