Inappropiate billboard?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 24 February 2013 4.39pm
Is it just me being a prude (or rather is it my "mind that's the problem"), or does this billboard on the SW side of the Elephant & Castle shopping centre cross the line into the realm of bad taste?

photo hosting sites
Sunday 24 February 2013 4.56pm
Agreed! Not exactly sparkling wit is it? Puerile advertising execs with very little talent I suspect.
Sunday 24 February 2013 5.14pm
Mrs Slocombe, are you free?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unmkX15AeN8
Sunday 24 February 2013 5.25pm
Some silly advertising man scarping the bottom of the litter box...I dont like it, this constant demeaning referral to the female sex puts me in mind of the dirty rap songs with violence that harms our girls.

I know its all in the mind and a word is just that but with the connotation it has in some parts of society.. still it's achieved the advertisers intention of grabbing your attention, but I would not buy it.
Sunday 24 February 2013 5.25pm
Jules62 wrote:
Is it just me being a prude

Not really.

But the advertisement provoked exactly the response the creater's wanted and you posted it into a public forum, so the advert spreads virally.

It's a clever underhand way of spreading their word.
Sunday 24 February 2013 5.26pm
Sign says it all, it's your mind? Some people think little furry animals. Others are fixated with sexual innuendos
?
Sunday 24 February 2013 5.31pm
paulse1 wrote:
Some people think little furry animals. Others are fixated with sexual innuendos
?

Oh come on Paul, get real, only 4 year old girls might think "furry animal". Everyone else is thinking of a word that demeans women.
Sunday 24 February 2013 9.18pm
The font and colours definitely don't make me think "Here, kitty".
Sunday 24 February 2013 11.31pm
You can object to the ASA. They rolled over a number of the FCUK adverts, but of course they dont care. They got the publicity
Monday 25 February 2013 12.22am
The less attention this is given the better, in my humble opinion.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network