Fave restaurants/cafes in area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 26 April 2002 3.55pm
I know this thread comes and goes but I urge locals to share their favourite bars/cafes/restaurants for all to know about!
I recommend Tas, nr. London Bridge, and Lye Torng - awesome Thai restaurant with great friendly service on St. George's Road near the Elephant.
Also I agree with previous posters that Monmouth, the coffee place at Borough Mkt is fab.
But can anyone solve this problem: where to get a decent cup of coffee on either the Walworth Road or in Kennington? Or an even greater challenge - a good breakfast in one of those areas on a Sunday.
I'm one of these crunchy organic loving veggie types so if there is anything like that tucked away in se1, please let us know...
Friday 26 April 2002 4.54pm
what do you want a decent breakfast cafe for if you are a veggie, they sell cornflakes anywhere, and crunchy nut ones too, mcdonalds do great coffee and there breakfasts hammer a hangover, no cinnamon for the coffeee at mcdonalds which is a bit of a bummer, but I take my own nutmeg and ginger and they add just that little extra to a great brew
Friday 26 April 2002 6.04pm
it's definitely not the london scotia pub on bermondsey street. i ordered a baked potato with cheese and salad there last weekend and found a long blond hair in me salad. put me right off it did. got a refund but an apology might have been nice ...
Saturday 27 April 2002 12.51pm
Hm, the veggie breakfast on a sunday question is a tough one, and i'm of no help what so ever. Its a pity The Courtyard Cafe on refrew road or Bonnington Centre Cafe in Vauxhall grove dont cater for the veggie breakfast on a sunday types.
Suchard Thai restaurant on Tooley street is my fave. Cheap food, veggie heaven, and you can take your own wine (you should find chilled gewurztraminer at the nearby Oddbins - plug plug)
Has anyone been to Tito's Peruvian on London Bridge Street? Can anyone recommend it?
I am new to this forum but am definitely in the "fans of Champor-Champor" group. What a magical place.
Monday 29 April 2002 1.34pm
I think Suchard Thai was all boarded up last week when I wandered past, as was the whole of that building block. Perhaps it will re-open when the building work on Tooley Street has finished.

Champor-Champor is excellent, even though the banana cake with smoked banana ice cream saw me off!
Monday 29 April 2002 1.45pm
Suchard Thai has moved to the other side of Tooley Street, just opposite the boarded up shops
Monday 29 April 2002 2.12pm
Monday 29 April 2002 4.18pm
Suchard Thai has been in that position for ages, but what happened to the Thames Balti which was one of the other shops which was boarded up?
Monday 29 April 2002 4.49pm
been to the peruvian a while back..

it is lot better up stair than it looks downstairs!

the menu seems expensive but the food quality and quantity is enoormous! definately recommend, though not sure it si for veggies, a lot of chicken. but worth a check out.

interestingly there were peruvians paying in peruvian ccy so must have something going for it!

in the up market side cannot say enough about the blue print cafe food is as good as the ivy or oxo and the service is petter and the view are great!

taz is awesome and there are 2 great curries, the london bridge and City Tandoori that are really friendly to regulars!

thanx for tips on thai love them! and have not found a good one here yet!

bars, love st christopers, good relaxed staff and open late, anchor is great see other posts!

did not like the english breakfast at amelias , harpers are not bad though!
Monday 29 April 2002 5.59pm
Haven't been yet, but I think the Fina Estamp does veggie options using quorn...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: