The future of Tabard Park - having our say

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 28 February 2013 10.00pm
Further to recent posts on the improvement scheme at Tabard Park, parks officers recently sent me some emails - which they'd like to reach other local residents and park users generally. I'm posting to offer this information, so people can take a view on Tabard Park and maybe let the area parks team have their thoughts.

* One message is a broad update on the nature area, replanting, tree planting and an outdoor gym, plus a repairs & maintenance roundup covering six topics.

* The second discusses damage to trees by dogs. This problem has become worse locally - hence the bamboo covers just fitted to a number of trees. This email has a London-wide good practice guide attachment on protecting trees.

Anyone interested is welcome to send me a PM with your e-address (pl. add the words update, dog damage or both).

Meanwhile Southwark parks officers have put Tabard Park forward for a Green Flag award, which is the UK's benchmark national standard for parks and green spaces:

Area parks management has already approached Tenants & Residents Associations and others, and would like to engage with park users, whether individuals or members of groups. Forum folk will be aware some parks have a 'Friends' group. If enough people show an interest a Friends of Tabard Park Group could be launched.

If you wish to comment on Tabard Park or would like further information on anything mentioned, please email one of the following Council officers:-

Hemali Tailor:, or
Nina Chantry:

- or ring the Area Parks Team on 0207 735 5564.
Saturday 2 March 2013 3.29pm
Lionel, thanks for drawing attention to this, I'll get in touch with LBS officers. I've put in a bid for more nestbxes via the mayor's capital cleanup fund that I found out about from Southwark streetleaders - info here on scheme - all it takes is interest in local neighbourhood and desire to see it enhanced - there is a free phone number & email. or anyone can call 0207 525 2000 to report litter, damage, graffiti etc.
Interest in TSG as its my local open space and last year thrilled to see family of greater spotted woodpeckers bring up young there. I will dig out and repost film of young GSW looking at most punk-like. KitKat
Saturday 2 March 2013 3.38pm
Here is footage of young greater spotted woodpecker in TSG last year. Has anyone seen them over the winter r heard territorial drumming?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: