What you can see from the Shard

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 1 March 2013 6.10pm
found this on the old internet, thought it was quite amusing..

It's a handy dandy webpage which lets you check what you can see from the shard before you spend your hard earned cash.

Saturday 2 March 2013 10.10am
Very good! Visibility was zero the other day and I spared a thought for all those who'd forked out to go up there. I wonder if you get a refund?
Saturday 2 March 2013 10.59am
Going up in 3 weeks...fingers crossed!
Monday 4 March 2013 11.23am
I saw a lady complaining with her family that she wanted a refund as it was "hazy" I didnt hear the outcome.
Monday 4 March 2013 1.02pm
I took a friend as a present a few weeks ago and it was literally near zero visibility that evening. We went up, turned around and went down again - there was no point being up there just seing whiteness.
I asked to speak to manager. First the manager told me he was not in charge of the weather, but eventually agreed to book another day for us as I was very insistent. I didn't see anyone else complain though.....
Monday 4 March 2013 2.55pm
Reminds me once Tak in Wales, we rode on the little tiny train up Snowdown to see the incredible views and to take photos on my new camera..the only photos that came out was our small group of friends huddled around the table in the tiny cafe , sheltering from the freezing mist! when outside could barely see the train step, halfway down the ruddy sun came out! :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: