Border Agency raid at Simply Indian

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 3 March 2013 11.50am
Heard about a raid on Simply Indian last night. 20 or so police/border agency guys (must have been crowded!!). Apparently 3 people (staff??) taken away. Anyone there ?
Sunday 3 March 2013 12.04pm
I had a meeting last year (2011?) with the regional chief of Border Agency, and some members of the Ibero-American Communities, with Simon Hughes MP and others, following problems here at The Elephant & Castle.

They were surprising helpful.
I'd be happy to help again if there are any issues with the UK BA, please let me know.
Sunday 3 March 2013 2.16pm
I am sure this happened before at Simply Indian some years ago- or am I getting it mixed up with somewhere else
Sunday 3 March 2013 3.39pm
graham wrote:
I had a meeting last year (2011?) with the regional chief of Border Agency, and some members of the Ibero-American Communities, with Simon Hughes MP and others, following problems here at The Elephant & Castle.
They were surprising helpful.
I'd be happy to help again if there are any issues with the UK BA, please let me know.

"Problems" Graham? I personally do not think that an agency carrying out the difficult and necessary task of tracking down and deporting illegal immigrants is a "problem".
I suspect the only folks who would have "issues" with the UKBA are illegal immigrants and the unscrupulous individuals who employ them at below minimum wage.
London and the South East of England is full.
Sunday 3 March 2013 4.24pm
I don't think that the Asian workers have too much to fear.
If you watch that TV programme, UK Border Force, they cannot deport illegals if they don't have a passport.
They just conveniently "lose it" and that's the end of the story.
They have to be released, and promise to not work illegally again.
Then they just disappear.
Sunday 3 March 2013 6.41pm
I don't have a transcript of the meeting to hand, but I stand by my description of the events discussed as 'problems'.
The BA staff agreed that there had been problems with the way both UK passport holders, EU, and foreign nationals citizens had been treated, whilst the Ibero-Americans appreciated there was a tough job mostly well done.
All in all, it was a happy event.
Sunday 3 March 2013 8.39pm
graham wrote:
I don't have a transcript of the meeting to hand, but I stand by my description of the events discussed as 'problems'.
The BA staff agreed that there had been problems with the way both UK passport holders, EU, and foreign nationals citizens had been treated, whilst the Ibero-Americans appreciated there was a tough job mostly well done.
All in all, it was a happy event.

Glad to hear that it was such a jolly affair and that the Ibero-Americans (when did they stop being Latin Americans?) agreed that it was of utmost importance that those folks who shouldn't be here should be sent home a.s.a.p.
Sunday 3 March 2013 9.41pm
Pieces of Eight wrote:
(when did they stop being Latin Americans?)
Never.
Tuesday 5 March 2013 6.43am
Ibero-Americans?? you souldnt make it up!
Tuesday 5 March 2013 10.18am
I assume that the Ibero bit comes from Iberia, the peninsular that is Spain and Portugal.
Ibero-Americans, (which doesn't exactly roll off the tongue) must then be people living in The Americas, but of Iberian origin, (Spanish or Portuguese.)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: