MyBaSE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 4 March 2013 6.06pm
Hello all.

I am moving into a flat in My Base, on the junction of Webber Street & Southwark Bridge Rd. I have lived in the area for 12 years and always had Sky TV installed.

If anyone knows anyone who lives in the building or if anyone lives there themselves can they let me know what installations are available there as Virgin says that it does not cover the area and I'm not sure about the satellite dish situation.

Many thanks

Mike
cbg
Monday 4 March 2013 7.31pm
Sky has a dish installed. You should only have to give them a ring.
And welcome at mybase!
Monday 4 March 2013 8.16pm
You're within walking distance of the largest cultural centre in Europe on the South Bank, and the West End.

The neighbourhood is full of good pubs and restaurants, and the SE1 Socials forum offers a full social life with nice people.

Why would you want to give money to Rupert Murdoch to sit in your flat and watch the telly?
Monday 4 March 2013 8.19pm
Great, thanks CBG. That's very helpful.
Monday 4 March 2013 8.29pm
Thanks to you too, Phil. I had no idea after 12 years living in the area that there was so much on offer. And thanks also for drawing to my attention the well under publicised fact that London in general has so much to offer. I must check it all out. Who'd have thought?

And as for sitting in my flat watching telly, well, I do do that from time to time. As much as I'd love to go & take in our cultural heritage first thing on a Tuesday morning after a stint of night shifts sometimes I just like to lie on the sofa & watch TV. I hope that's okay.
Monday 4 March 2013 8.48pm
You're welcome Mullet - I've not got a telly, so I've got to fill my time somehow.
Monday 4 March 2013 9.45pm
That's entirely your prerogative Phil and I applaud you for it. But even if it didn't I wouldn't criticise how you choose to lead your life, nor snipe at you from behind a computer screen for it.
Monday 4 March 2013 11.20pm
Mullet wrote:
That's entirely your prerogative Phil and I applaud you for it. But even if it didn't I wouldn't criticise how you choose to lead your life, nor snipe at you from behind a computer screen for it.

I'm not criticising you, Mullet - I thought I was engaging in banter, while raising the questionable business record of the Murdoch organisations. Sorry if you took it otherwise.
Monday 4 March 2013 11.36pm
Rambling Phil wrote:
Mullet wrote:

I'm not criticising you, Mullet - I thought I was engaging in banter, while raising the questionable business record of the Murdoch organisations. Sorry if you took it otherwise.

Phil, I only know you from your posts on this forum, but I have to say, I don't think that you were telling Mullet how to live his life, and Mullet, you may have over reacted there.
Watch TV, or don't watch TV, that's your call, but I'm sure Phil is telling the truth when he says that in his opinion he was just engaging in banter.
I hope that you enjoy your new home.
Tuesday 5 March 2013 9.04am
No need to apologise Phil. No offence taken & I'm sure none intended either. Your attempt at banter didn't come across that way but it doesn't bother me in the slightest either way.

And as for Murdoch, well, I don't buy his papers for the same reason you criticise his empire. That's why Virgin would have been my first choice. However, I won't cut off my nose to spite my face. And when I'm not out with my friends or sitting reading I do like a bit of telly.

Anyway, all the best.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: