Filthy McDonalds

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 5 March 2013 3.13pm
Where the McDonald's is, at the bottom of The Shard, on St. Thomas Street, en route to hospital, they've been digging around a re-laying paving stones for the past few months.

The new paving is light grey- where McD's wheel out their rubbish bins, there's big black, greasy, dirty puddles of goo that have obviously stained the pavings quite severely.

It looks gross and it's a real shame that all that good (and no doubt expensive) work has been tarnished by their bine seepage. Unsure what should be done, but it turns my stomach every morning as i walk past it.....
Tuesday 5 March 2013 4.02pm
Yup...its foul....and a shame the nice new paving is becoming daily more unsightly. McDonalds are obviously in the firing line here...its their waste, albeit made I presume by their customers, one way or another.
Tuesday 5 March 2013 4.54pm
There was the good news recently.
Thursday 7 March 2013 9.35am
That would indeed be good news beetroot
Thursday 7 March 2013 7.27pm
There was an earlier thread on this, but it'd be great news to see them removed. Starbucks next please !! Probably now the busiest tourist spot in London and there is an american flavoured milk chain .....
Thursday 7 March 2013 9.01pm
familyfriendlyse1 wrote:
There was an earlier thread on this, but it'd be great news to see them removed. Starbucks next please !! Probably now the busiest tourist spot in London and there is an american flavoured milk chain .....

I suspect a lot of tourists,particularly those with kids in tow and on a budget quite like Maccy dees and starbucks. What eateries would you put in their place?
Thursday 7 March 2013 9.08pm
Gordy R's and The Ritz obviously ......
Thursday 7 March 2013 9.15pm
Some suspect Starbucks haven't paid any tax whilst others suspect beef in burgers might not be beef ..... yep best of British Star*ucks and "Maccy dees".Clearly, only they are value for money ........
Thursday 7 March 2013 9.17pm
Not to mention 25 a head to go up the Shard ..... cheaper views in London you know .....
Thursday 7 March 2013 9.23pm
familyfriendlyse1 wrote:
Some suspect Starbucks haven't paid any tax whilst others suspect beef in burgers might not be beef ..... yep best of British Star*ucks and "Maccy dees".Clearly, only they are value for money ........

I am not defending Starbucks or Mcdonalds (although Starbucks are avoiding tax, not evading tax, like many other companies in the U.K) and as far as I know, mcdonalds have not been implicated in the horsemeat scandal. So, now we've got that out of the way, what reasonably priced alternatives would you suggest?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: