5 note at cash dispensers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 5 March 2013 6.42pm
For the first time ever, I received 5 notes at a cash dispenser (Natwest on Borough high Street).
Has it ever happened to you?
And they were not new either.
Tuesday 5 March 2013 7.47pm
I had one a while back - somewhere in the city. Did a double take when the screen displayed the 5 symbol!
Tuesday 5 March 2013 8.02pm
Sign of the times
Tuesday 5 March 2013 8.27pm
Yes get it regularly from the cash machine outside Tescos on Long Lane?.. they are bringing them back into circulation!
Tuesday 5 March 2013 8.51pm
The Co-op cash machines sometimes give out fivers.
Tuesday 5 March 2013 11.32pm
There was one on Waterloo Road that certainly advertised that it issued fivers. When in Ireland I never seem to find a machine that gives less than 50 (Euros) out!
Tuesday 5 March 2013 11.55pm
I haven't drawn a fiver from a cash machine since these notes were in circulation...

[url=http://postimage.org/][/url]
Wednesday 6 March 2013 12.19pm
It follows a campaign by the Bank of England to get 5 notes circulating better. At the moment too many are old and tatty as they don't get returned for sorting as often as other notes.

The 10 largest cash point operators have agreed to modify around 15% of machines to dispense fivers.
Wednesday 6 March 2013 11.59pm
left hand machine at tesco tooley street usually obliges ...
Thursday 7 March 2013 9.29am
Years ago the Bank of England had an agreement with Woolworths and M & S to get fivers into circulation by getting them to stock a lot of them as the banks wouldn't put them in their ATMs as it menat filing them up more often and the cost of doing so. Not sure if the agreement with M & S is still running...obviously Woolworths isn't.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: