Sexually confrontational man on Long Lane, early mornings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 8 March 2013 6.54pm
Hi

Just wondering if any other females have had the mis-fortune to encounter a guy that is approaching women and making very lewd, confrontational remarks

Before this morning, he had on two separate occasions made very suggestive comments as he walked past, both time near the top of Long Lane by Tennis Street. This was unsettling but i just kept on walking towards Borough Tube station.

However this morning, he stopped me close to the junction with Kipling Street, with a very polite "excuse me" which i assumed was someone asking directions/the time, but then as he started making sexually explicit suggestions, realised it was the same guy and quickly hurried on(admittedly after swearing fairly loudly in his directions). He then grabbed his crotch and made lewd noises

This mornings incident was at about 7.50am. My two previous 'walk by' encounters were both around 8.20am.

I had to hurry to catch a train form Euston so wasn't able to report it to the Police straight away, but did go into Borough Police Station this evening and have reported it.

They have said they will try and see if the Local Community Safety Team can put some people around the Long Lane area at that time in the morning with the hope of 'catching him in the act'

I did feel unsettled this morning. It feels like he was bolder and certainly more aggressive in his words. I urge anyone else who encounters him to also report it to the police
Friday 8 March 2013 7.12pm
That's awful RooRee - Are you OK? I hope you're not too shaken up. I often walk that route alone, although admittedly usually not at that time of the morning. Do you have a description of the man, so we can all keep an eagle-eye out?
Friday 8 March 2013 7.17pm
god that don't sound much fun at all!!!

my 12 year old is making her way to school at time of morning what dose he look like ??
Friday 8 March 2013 9.17pm
Hi, yeah I'm ok thanks, un-neverved that he made effirt to get my attention this time

Of course, description! Didnt pay him too much mind as was flustered but he's black, about 5ft9, stubble/short beard, had dark clothes and a black beanie hat on. Quite stocky build, mid twenties i'd guess?

Nothing so distinctive as to make him stand out really,
Friday 8 March 2013 9.22pm
If you should have the misfortune of coming across this person again, or if any other woman reading this experiences the same harassment, I suggest you stand your ground, pull out your phone and take a picture or video of this pervert before using the phone to call the police.
Friday 8 March 2013 9.55pm
If there are other people around (it's usually quite busy around Borough Station) maybe get the help of others to apprehend the guy and hand over to the police?
Friday 8 March 2013 10.20pm
Has no one connected that the description of this male also closely matches that of the phantom window smasher around Union Street...

ie Black male about 5'9' wearing a beanie hat.
Friday 8 March 2013 10.29pm
LondonStan wrote:
Has no one connected that the description of this male also closely matches that of the phantom window smasher around Union Street...
ie Black male about 5'9' wearing a beanie hat.
It occurred to me, didn't want to jump to conclusions though.
Friday 8 March 2013 10.47pm
Posted by Anthonyb on 28 Feb 2013.... "I have now seen this male twice, the dirt was on Sunday where I saw a black male, 5ft9, wearing a beanie hat and dark clothing, the male was seen by myself throwing on object through the window of Munchies cafe on Marshalsea Rd, he has now come back again and done thing. He has also attacked numerous other private and residential properties along the way. "

I trust Cllr Adele Morris reads all the posts, otherwise down to James to pass info on...too much of a coincidence that RooRee's very unpleasant experience is taking place just yards away from where the most recent window smashing has occurred and obviously both incidents being committed by someone who is unhinged.
Friday 8 March 2013 10.50pm
Thought the same must admit
Can RooRee look at photo kit of phantom window smasher
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: