Recommendations for SE1 tourism

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 14 March 2013 1.11pm
My brother who is disabled is coming to visit me this weekend and I want to do some really fun touristy stuff with him but notice it is rainin. Can anyone recommend anything that is good with good disablity access? He can get tired quite quickly but is not wheelchair bound. I have been looking up bus tours but they dont seem to do disability concessions and at 25 each are quite expensive. We dont want to stray too far from the area as there is much to do on our doorstep. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Thursday 14 March 2013 1.17pm
Have you look at the Inclsuive London website. It is, apparently, a good resource.

The Imperial War museum is free and very friendly towards the less-mobile for example.
Thursday 14 March 2013 1.30pm
For evenings the O2 is dry and easy to get around - you could also go for a spin on the cable car which is something different. I believe the O2 climb can now be done in a wheelchair too but it might be too cold & damp for that this time! Spittlefields market on a Sunday too - again all under cover & lots to eat & drink
Thursday 14 March 2013 1.51pm
Truthmonkey-home wrote:
Have you look at the Inclsuive London website. It is, apparently, a good resource.
The Imperial War museum is free and very friendly towards the less-mobile for example.

the war museum is shut till the summer as being refurbished
Thursday 14 March 2013 2.55pm
Museums usually lend wheelchairs. I have done that for my older relatives who could not walk/stand for a long period of time.
Afternoon tea at the Marriott hotel (County Hall), overlooking Big Ben and the London Eye.
Duck tour.
Thursday 14 March 2013 3.26pm
A trip on the river is always nice, and the Thames Clippers are integrated with Oyster, very comfortable, and easy to access. Also the riverside walkway along the South Bank / Bankside had lots of investment to improve accessibility last year, so a stroll along there taking in the sights is always nice too. I went to Greenwich last weekend on the clipper and it was great.

Thames Clippers
Visit Bankside
Visit South Bank
Thursday 14 March 2013 3.53pm
Thanks - grand ideas! I think it may be a bit cold and wet for river activities. I think a saunter to the O2 and a gander at the inclusive london site sound like good suggestions!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: