Public bicycle pump in Kennington Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 15 March 2013 12.59pm
Hello,

This morning I have noticed that the bicycle pump in Kennington Road is broken, as the nozzle seemed to have been torn off.

Anyone knows if this is recent? The pump is very useful to many bikers and I stop every once in a while during my daily commute to inflate my bike's tyres.

Related news & features

Friday 15 March 2013 1.18pm
The company that installed the pump is already on the case:

https://twitter.com/cyclehoop/status/312550063631110144

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 15 March 2013 1.34pm
That's great James, impressively rapid response!
Monday 15 July 2013 9.14am
Hello,

I am reviving this post after I unsuccessfully tried to find a bicycle pump this morning.

The air pump at the Better Bankside office in Great Guildford Street seem to have been torn off.

The one in Kennington Road also seem to be missing some parts.

Finally, I sometimes used the one outside The Cut's Evans Cycles, but this is no longer available.

Does anyone know of any other public pumps around?
Monday 15 July 2013 9.17am
There's one underneath the railway bridge in Cornwall Road

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 15 July 2013 9.32am
Have Evans stopped allowing people to use their pump? would be a shame, it's a useful service.
Zoe
Monday 15 July 2013 11.45am
The guys in the Hatfields bike shop are great and will pump up your tyres.
Monday 15 July 2013 12.03pm
Tolstoy wrote:
Have Evans stopped allowing people to use their pump? would be a shame, it's a useful service.

I used their pump a few weeks ago - had to go in the shop and ask, but they were happy enough to provide. I guess for some reason they've stopped leaving it outside... I didn't enquire.
Monday 15 July 2013 1.49pm
Bit further south, but there's one outside Balfe's Bikes on Kennington Road, and I think the new place (Cycle PS) on Newington Butts would probably help you out if you asked.
Monday 15 July 2013 6.12pm
Why not carry a pump in your bag or attached to your bike..? Would be far easier and save the hassle of trying to find one. Just a thought.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: