Peregrine Falcon at Tate Modern

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 15 March 2013 11.05pm
I am a local resident and avid birdwatcher. Does any one have any news on the developments of our resident falcons at Tate modern and whether they are likely to return this summer?
Saturday 16 March 2013 8.49am
I have always believed that Peregrine falcons were non-migratory but seeing as the Tate Modern's residents seem to haave gone missing perhaps I am wrong again.
Can anybody enlighten me?
Have the Tate birds gone missing in the winter before aand returned in the spring to breed?
Has it been a regular occurrence over the time the birds have been at the Tate?
Saturday 16 March 2013 9.03am
North London? The traitor.
Saturday 16 March 2013 9.27am
Only for the winter.
Saturday 16 March 2013 10.53am
Probably fed up with all the building works around the Tate.
Saturday 16 March 2013 11.00am
The two nesting sites I know of have been in Marylebone Road and in the Barbican. Not sure how many nesting pairs there are in Central London.

Saw one around St Pauls about a week ago, they use the City churches as viewpoints and have seen them around St Pancras.

I am not sure they have ever nested on Tate Modern but they do use it is a spotting tower to teach their young, so will probably return.
Monday 18 March 2013 5.46pm

Perhaps this site could furnish some information for you?
Monday 18 March 2013 7.04pm
Thanks Tom, brilliant site
Tuesday 19 March 2013 10.32am
Hi Sandalfoot I love birds too and have become very interested in peregrines. The Peregrine pair nest at the Barbican but use the Tate to hang out and teach any juveniles to fly. It's so exciting to hear and see them!This pair had one successful fledge on 6 June 2012 and this tercel has been spotted at Alexandra Palace! I also follow the Fulham & Hammersmith pair who have to date 3 eggs! Nathalie Mahieu who is mention on the London Peregrine Partnership is a friend - you can watch it all now on It's very addictive! The wonderful Wetlands at Barnes also has live streaming I could go on, and on!!! Maggie
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: