Strange loiterers in B&Q car park OKR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 March 2013 10.49am
Popped in to B&Q on Saturday, in the car park were several groups of Eastern European sounding men, just dotted about, casing the car park as people pulled up. Quite a sinister experience as they were covering all parts of the car and scanning as if they were on lookout. I wondered if they were looking for casual work? If so, they seemed to have the effect of unnerving people instead.
Monday 18 March 2013 11.07am
A couple of past threads:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/89572
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/167065

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 18 March 2013 2.43pm
Ah, thanks James, should have done some research! Has obvs been noted often.

Seems desperately sad. But a sign of the times.
Monday 18 March 2013 3.01pm
Maybe a bit of research into London's history might help as this has been going on from back in the day & I don't mean when b%q first opened.
A good sign if you ask me
Monday 18 March 2013 3.14pm
True Sidney,the bakerloo station at E&C used to have loads of blokes waiting outside every morning,all signing on no doubt and getting a couple of days work to bump the money up.
Monday 18 March 2013 5.39pm
Sidney wrote:
Maybe a bit of research into London's history might help as this has been going on from back in the day & I don't mean when b%q first opened.
A good sign if you ask me

Except if you are are a legally registered painter and decorator who is paying tax and struggling to find work
Tuesday 19 March 2013 9.20am
I was followed around actually inside B&Q by a couple of these gents who had unnerved me,but I'd assumed that I was safe there.When they saw me loading my trolley with paints and wallpaper they asked me politely if I needed workers to help decorate my home,which I didn't.Then they disappeared.I did tell a worker there but he just shrugged his shoulders as they obviously can't prevent specific people from entering, and strangely enough,can't be keeping an eye on their cctv.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: