Containers on Heygate

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 18 March 2013 10.18pm
Hi all, was just wondering what the containers are for on the old site of the petrol station on the Heygate... is this going to be our own version of Shoreditch Box Park or the first set up for the demolition works?
Monday 18 March 2013 10.44pm
It's a Boxpark-style thing:
http://www.elephantandcastle.org.uk/pages/consultation_dialogue/187/elephant_castle.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 18 March 2013 11.35pm
I presumed it was the new affordable housing.
Monday 18 March 2013 11.46pm
Merlin Rouge wrote:
I presumed it was the new affordable housing.

LOL!
Tuesday 19 March 2013 1.34pm
Any idea if it will be office only or will there be retail too?
Wednesday 20 March 2013 12.50pm
Retail and workshops - consultation event announced for 27 March:
http://www.elephantandcastle.org.uk/pages/consultation_dialogue/211/elephant_castle.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
mac
Friday 5 April 2013 8.46am
I passed by the Heygate Estate on Walworth Road last night and noticed lots of what looked like shipping containers but with windows and a door at one end, stacked up 2 or 3 high. Anyone know what they're for? Surely not some sort of accomodation....
Friday 5 April 2013 8.54am
This came up at the meeting to discuss future of Old Town Hall organised by Walŵorth Society last night. It's a Boxpark, temporary space for artists etc, there is a longer establised one in Shoreditch. Got a mixed response, with the deserted Heygate Estate, fire damaged Old Town Hall, there was a feeling from some that these containers add to general air of neglect south of railway bridge on Walworth Road.
mac
Friday 5 April 2013 9.12am
thanks for that KitKat. I agree with those that think it adds to the neglected look of the area. It gives the impression of some kind of detention centre or temporary encampment....
Friday 5 April 2013 9.16am
no, it's meant to be the 'new shoreditch'
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: