Where will Southwark tow illegally parked vehicles?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 20 March 2013 10.24am
"Once the car pound has shut, vehicles parked in contravention of the rules will normally be relocated to a road where they are correctly parked.

In some cases they may be removed to a private car pound in north London."

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Say if a vehicle overstays a pay and display bay, will it be towed to some street in Southwark that has no parking restrictions? The people who live there will find themselves living in a de facto car pound. Or if you have a badge for Zone A but are parked in Zone G will they tow it to Zone A... and how will you find your car?! n

Not advocating sympathy for people who park illegally and it is a good idea to make some money for the borough by redeveloping the car pound, but there could be disruption to homes and businesses if vehicles are dumped in streets with different or no parking controls.

Related news & features

Wednesday 20 March 2013 8.27pm
I have just read the same article.. and rather like you was somewhat taken aback by its contents. I predict
(1) a large number of complaints from residents who suddenly discover that they have nowhere to park because of the 'repositioning' of cars from the car pound.
(2) a similar number of complaints from those who suddenly discover that a north london car pound is now the 'residence of choice' for their beloved car.

Still, we all know that the Southwark council complaints procedure is incredibly resilient( large dose of tongue in cheek) .. or would all the complaints be simply directed to the private company involved at PO Box number whatever !!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday 20 March 2013 10.09pm
If people don't illegally park they won't get towed. I am sick of people parking in front of my garage, North London isn't far enough. Has the council thought about Aberdeen?
Wednesday 20 March 2013 11.09pm
Unfortunately you may well find that there are MORE people parking in front of your garage as a consequence of not being able to find a parking space.. which will be taken up by cars from the car pound.
Moving to Aberdeen may seem like a very attractive option.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: