Central heating engineer - brrr!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 21 March 2013 7.30am
anyone have good experience with a local central heating engineer? the boiler seems fine, hot water and upstairs rads working fine, downstairs nothing, thermostat seems fine...

help!
Thursday 21 March 2013 9.24am
My go to guy is:

Lawrence Bristow of Bristow Maintenance
07866-557-769
lawrence@bristow-maintenance.com

Gas safe register #537313
Thursday 21 March 2013 11.55am
Before calling in an engineer, it is worth you while bleeding the downstairs radiators.
Friday 22 March 2013 6.14am
Hello,

We are Gas Safe registered, so you can be assured that all our work will be carried out to the highest standard and comply with all relevant legislation.

Please visit our website Future Supply for more details.

Sincerely Yours,

Ivan
Friday 22 March 2013 7.16am
thanks for all advice. radiators started spontaneously working again?! i know i should try to find out more about the fault but given current finances want to just apply the 'ostrich' method of problem solving.

Now, the boiler, timer, thermostat and upstairs circuit were all working, and all downstairs rads are bled and hot at the top. My reckoning is must be to do with the pump for the dowstairs circuit or an air bubble formed that then dissipated? any free online advice/suggestions.

and more importantly when will this damn weather end - somebody said its like narnia where its always winter and never christmas (spring).
Friday 22 March 2013 8.48am
Well, I have nothing to say about your weather in your locality as I am not a citizen in your place. Maybe that is because of the change of today's nature.
Friday 22 March 2013 9.13am
My brother was a central heating engineer, he told me to turn the heating up to max. then turn off controls then bleed... are your radiators full of gunk? I think you can buy some stuff to clean them, if you can do it may help, then flush them if possible and put inhibitor in.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: