Chambers Wharf

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
li
Sunday 24 March 2013 8.44am
Hello,

I am thinking of renting a property on Chambers Street and was wondering if anyone knows what is happening with the Chambers Wharf site on that street and when this will start. I;m concerned about the noise pollution and trucks driving in and out of that street.

best
lia
AD
Sunday 24 March 2013 8.38pm
Chambers Wharf is the big vacant site at the eastern end of Chambers Street. This has been split into two sections either side of the street.

The northern plot is where Thames Water is proposing to build the Thames Tunnel which hasn't been approved. If it goes ahead there are 24 hour works planned which would have noise implications, but this won't be for a couple of years yet, they will then last for 3 years.

The southern plot is being developed into flats as of last week, thus far these works have been during the daytime for 5 days a week. I'd guess these will go on for a couple of years.

I'd advise that it mainly depends on how far to the west of Chambers Street your accommodation is located or, perhaps, if you're interested in construction - One thing for sure is it's not currently a rose garden!
li
Sunday 24 March 2013 9.14pm
thanks AD. I can't stand construction noise. I'll have to visit the site during the week. When I had gone, there had been nothing going on in the southern plot
Tuesday 26 March 2013 4.44pm
All the info is at www.thamestunnelconsultation.co.uk/

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: