Reliable mechanic needed for new exhaust

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 26 March 2013 9.10am
Can anyone recommend a good mechanic as my car failed its mot as it needs a new exhaust. Kind of urgent!
Many thanks!
Tuesday 26 March 2013 10.40am
General Autos has my vote - Abbey Street. Very competent, friendly and cheap.

BUT ring up Kwikfit or suchlike first and get a price from them because they're often very cheap for exhausts just because they fit loads of them.
Tuesday 26 March 2013 12.21pm

TR Autos on Elephant Street are run very well. Their labour rate is around 35 ph which means they are always busy so phone and book. I've used them for years.

RW Autos on Morocco Street are good if you have a marque car and charge 60 + VAT ph. been established for decades.

I also know a good mobile mechanic that charges 35 ph if anyone is interested.

How much are General Motors Gavin and how many times have you used them.
Tuesday 26 March 2013 3.40pm
Jinkazama, your question is posed in a slightly accusatory manner, or at least that's how I perceive it. I do not work for this garage and have no affiliation to it.

I have used them on at least four occasions. I do not know as to their current hourly rate, but It was in the order of about 30 per hour last time I used them and the work was done within a couple of hours. I reiterate my recommendation,
Tuesday 26 March 2013 8.58pm
Not at all, you posted they were cheap without a figure but at that rate I'll add them to my list.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: