Thai takeaways close to Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 27 March 2013 11.35am
Hello all, I noticed that the Kai Thai restaurant on Lafone Street has unfortunately closed and is now a bar.

Can anyone recommend a decent substitute that's within a (short) walk?

Thank you
Wednesday 27 March 2013 12.45pm
Suchard on Crucifix Lane does good takeaway food and is not too far, depends on what you classify as decent and a short walk.
Wednesday 27 March 2013 8.15pm
I second Guy's post - in fact, Suchard on Crucifix Lane is far superior to Kai Thai in terms of quality, taste and price.
Wednesday 27 March 2013 9.55pm
And hygiene rating - Suchard scores 3, Kai Thai was a pretty awful 1 (which, unfortunately, also applies to the Bengal Clipper).
Thursday 28 March 2013 9.45am
Great, Suchard it is. Thanks very much.

Blimey... I quite like the Bengal Clipper (I've only ever been on a Sunday though)... not sure I fancy going back following finding out about their hygiene rating!
Thursday 6 June 2013 11.38am
After yesterday's Watchdog on BBC the takeaway industry has taken a small knock, but people will forget that - give them a couple of weeks and they'll be ordering again.
Thursday 6 June 2013 1.45pm
oh how I dream of a PROPER Thai opening in SE1.
Wednesday 26 June 2013 3.29pm
An update:

I ate at the Bengal Clipper the other week (despite the iffy rating) and I'm sure you'll all be delighted to know that I'm still alive. Hooray!

Anyway, I've got a serious hankering for a Thai takeaway tonight- Do either of the Suchard places do this or is it eat in only?

Wednesday 26 June 2013 4.19pm
Suchard does takeaway, or at least used to. I don't know if they deliver or not.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: