Alex Monroe

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 29 March 2013 10.55am
The shop at 37 Snowsfields regularly has it's burglar alarm blasting out at an incredible volume. I've reported it twice to Southwark. I can't contact Alex Monroe but maybe that's because it's good Friday. Anyone know anything else I can do?
Friday 29 March 2013 11.18am
The council has power to help you under the "Environmental Protection Act 1990" - most other council websites go into details of what they can do to disconnect nuisance alarms - but Southwarks does not (from what I can see).

Do a quick Google on this act and see what other councils do, then ring Southwark Council telling them what you want. Good luck.
Friday 29 March 2013 11.36am
I have been meaning to google Alex Monroe as all you can see through the window when passing is stuffed birds of various species mounted on branches. I was speculating he might be a taxidermist!
Seem he designs jewellery.
According to the website the shop will be open tomorrow 30th March so at worst you'll have to put up with the alarm 'til then, or you could contact him via the website in case he's been burgled.
Friday 29 March 2013 1.25pm
Try messaging them via their Facebook page ?
Friday 29 March 2013 1.29pm
Thanks.
I think I'll go in tomorrow and tell him about the act, BSB. That might be enough to get him to take it seriously. I do wonder if it's even possible he doesn't know it's happening. I was surprised to hear that I was the only complaint Southwark had received when I called them last year. There are people right next to it.
Friday 29 March 2013 1.31pm
I would assume he's not aware of what is happening. He & his staff all seem really nice & I'm sure they don't want to upset their neighbours.
Saturday 30 March 2013 1.22pm
I think by law an intruder alarm is only allowed to sound for 30-45 mins then the alarm has to switch to flashing only.
Sunday 4 August 2013 10.58am
More screaming alarm disturbance from these awful people again this morning. There have been plenty of other occurrences since I posted here. I shall report to Southwark yet again, and I've sent Alex Monroe an email but it seems Sundays and bank holidays will continue to be Alex Monroe shatter the peace days.
Sunday 4 August 2013 11.03am
Hi Beetroot

If you get no joy, try a more direct approach!

She has a blog here, last entry was July 30th. Each entry has a "Leave a comment" link - might get her attention!
Sunday 4 August 2013 11.06am
That's a good idea BSB. Will do that if no decent response to my email.
I think 'she' is a 'he'.
http://www.alexmonroe.com/blog/2013/06/hot-off-the-press/
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: