Old Pictures from the 50's - 60's

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 31 March 2013 11.14pm
I lived in Southwark just off Harper Road in the 50's and 60's on Ralph Street where the park now is between Dickens Square and Falmouth Road. Does anyone have any pictures of Ralph Street or the little shops that were on the corner of Ralph Street and Harper road or pictures of the bombsite that sat empty for years - any information as to where I can locate some photos would be greatly appreciated. As we get older we seem to find solace in the place we grew up and I remember playing on the bombsite as a kid. We were the Mapes family and we lived at 16 Ralph Street there were 6 boys and one girl and we lived next door to the Malcolms.
Sunday 26 January 2014 12.23am
mapesk wrote:
I lived in Southwark just off Harper Road in the 50's and 60's on Ralph Street where the park now is between Dickens Square and Falmouth Road. Does anyone have any pictures of Ralph Street or the little shops that were on the corner of Ralph Street and Harper road or pictures of the bombsite that sat empty for years - any information as to where I can locate some photos would be greatly appreciated. As we get older we seem to find solace in the place we grew up and I remember playing on the bombsite as a kid. We were the Mapes family and we lived at 16 Ralph Street there were 6 boys and one girl and we lived next door to the Malcolms.
We were neighbours! We lived at 18 and I remember the family next door emigrating to Canada! My mum & dad were Rose & Charlie (my mum was blind) and there was myself, Susan ans my little sister Bernadette! We moved out in 1966 as they were demolishing the houses but I went back a couple of years ago and the street has gone as well!!
Sunday 26 January 2014 5.50am
Sue Holland wrote:
mapesk wrote:
We were neighbours! We lived at 18 and I remember the family next door emigrating to Canada! My mum & dad were Rose & Charlie (my mum was blind) and there was myself, Susan ans my little sister Bernadette! We moved out in 1966 as they were demolishing the houses but I went back a couple of years ago and the street has gone as well!!

Thanks Sue I remember your family - it was a nice neighbourhood back then....do you have any pictures of Ralph St. Did you move out because the LCC was knocking down the houses?? Do you remember the bombsite behind your house?? Look forward to your reply.
Sunday 26 January 2014 5.53am
Thanks Sue I remember your family - it was a nice neighbourhood back then....do you have any pictures of Ralph St. Did you move out because the LCC was knocking down the houses?? Do you remember the bombsite behind your house?? Look forward to your reply.

Keven

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: