Simon Hughes turned right

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 1 April 2013 6.41pm
Simon Hughes driving a bright yellow ex-taxi with "Simon Hughes" painted on it in giant letters was seemingly turning left in the "Turn Left" lane (end of Long Lane at Borough High St), passing a long line of cars waiting to "Turn Right", but at the last moment he turned right. Driving echoing politics?
Tuesday 2 April 2013 9.37am
He's joined his new best friends in the "ConDem" right wing party and their thinking, and was demonstrated by that manouevre "Make it look like I'm on the left to those plebs in the right lane and get the advantages by doing a right swing at the last moment".
I just hope we are seeing the dying moments of a political career that promised so much and has delivered so little. Still he will walk away with a big pension and probably a title too. It aint been a bad living has it?
The ego of the man is appalling. What other person in the public eye drives around advertising who they are?
Thursday 4 April 2013 7.47am
I hate the junction as you are faced w the choice of sitting in the right hand lane like a sucker or breaking the law and swinging right from the left into the 3 lanes after the junction. I have to admit that depending on my moood, time pressure, length of queue I do occasionally 'do a Simon'. I would like to think that as a long time local its a bit of a privilege to game the system/law by doing so. Mind you I have not got my name blazoned on the side of my old banger...
Thursday 4 April 2013 1.13pm
were the lights on amber?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: