Abbey Street closed 8 April - 8 June

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 2 April 2013 2.35pm
Saw this tied to a pole on Abbey Street in front of St Mary Magdalen's churhyard:

Anyone know what it's for? We're not getting our TBR - Abbey Street pedestrian crossing are we? Too much to hope for?!
Tuesday 2 April 2013 2.45pm
I wonder how the C10 will be diverted.
Tuesday 2 April 2013 8.37pm
James B- wrote:
I wonder how the C10 will be diverted.

My guess would be, right into Druid St., (if Abbey St. is open as far as the rail bridge), then left into TBR, right into Decima St./Bermondsey St., left into Long Lane.
If Abbey St. is closed at Jamaica Rd., then bear left into Tanner St. from Jamaica Rd., follow Druid St. to the right, then left into TBR and as before.
Wednesday 3 April 2013 1.04pm
per the works site it is the railway bridge (i.e. the road under it) that is closed
Wednesday 3 April 2013 3.56pm

Does anybody know why Abbey St is being closed?
Wednesday 3 April 2013 3.59pm
dee dee wrote:
per the works site it is the railway bridge (i.e. the road under it) that is closed

If it IS only the part of the road under the bridge that is closed then there are a multitude of ways to get around it, maybe not for a bus, but certainly cars etc.
e.g. L. into St. James, R. Dockley, R. Thurland, L. Spa, R. Enid, L. into Abbey.
Alternatively, R. Druid, L. Tanner, L. Riley, R. Abbey.
Friday 5 April 2013 10.32am
"I am writing to let you know that from Monday 8 April, bus route C10 will be diverted for about three months. This is due to the closure of Abbey Street at the Old Jamaica Road junction, as a result of railway bridge works being carried out on behalf of Southwark Council and Network Rail.

Buses will be diverted in both directions via Southwark Park Road, Grange Road, Tower Bridge Road, Bricklayers Arms and Great Dover Street, and will not serve Jamaica Road (between Southwark Park Road and Abbey Street), Bermondsey Station, Abbey Street and Long Lane.
Yours sincerely

Peter Bradley
Head of Consultation Delivery"
Friday 5 April 2013 12.14pm
Could push a fair bit more traffic onto the other east - west routes, especially Grange Road and Jamaica Road / Tanner Street. The routes of the 1 and 188 worryingly (though the latter is fairly hopeless). Abbey Street'll be a nice, quiet place to live for the next couple of months though.
Saturday 6 April 2013 3.24pm
It's going to be horrendous for those of us who live down these alternative roads. Every morning and evening these roads are clogged up anyway, the roads have all been narrowed which already causes jams.
Monday 8 April 2013 8.27am
what does annoy me is the fact that they have not given any notice-there was nothing on the bus stops Saturday - a notice was on there this moring but you would have thought a weeks notice would have been easy to manage
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: