New City Hall residents? Two geese!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 3 April 2013 10.27am
I regularly walk past City Hall on my way to work or on the way home. Various sights appear and disappear on my route depending on whether there's something going on in Potters Fields. Sometimes it's a random piece of "art". However over the last three or four weeks a new one has appeared. A pair of what I think are fairly large Greylag geese (I'm no expert) can often be seen pottering about on the patch of grass right next to City Hall. They seem quite oblivious to passers by and it's getting to the point where I'm wondering how they are when they are not there - early mornings at about 8am seem to be the best time to spot them. I think they should have names too if this carries on. They're always in exactly the same place. Has anyone else noticed them? Perhaps Boris has some new birdie fans?
Wednesday 3 April 2013 10.53am
I have seen them in previous years as well and find them oddly comforting.
Wednesday 3 April 2013 6.20pm
They were on the 'dirty beach' today along with 3 ducks.
Wednesday 3 April 2013 6.47pm
Are these the three ducks that are hanging out in Redcross Gardens I wonder? I was watching them yesterday and was intrigue as to the relationship between the two males. One is being all maternal and floating by the side of his missus, whilst the other one is a puddle away keeping a watchful eye. Is he a potential suitor looking for his chance or a relation? Hubby paddled after him at one point and quacked his contempt, opening up a bit more distance between them, but he never moves very far away.
Thursday 4 April 2013 8.08am
Apologies, I realised I should have started another thread than hijack this one.
Friday 5 April 2013 7.14pm
rather heterosexist assumptions Tolstoy - there is another way of reading this in a tempestuous broke back mountain sort of way...
Friday 5 April 2013 8.59pm
Hmm... good point, I hadn't considered that.
Saturday 6 April 2013 2.09pm
Watching them this morning I think it's fair to say there's no love between them. 'Hubby' seems to be increasingly irritated by the other's presence, constantly chasing him out of the pond only for him to slip back in when he turned his back.
Saturday 6 April 2013 7.18pm
I think I need to go and have a look at those ducks now...
Thursday 25 April 2013 9.00pm
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: