The Elephant: Can You Recognise It From These Pictures?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 3 April 2013 11.41pm
The new website for Trafalgar Place, the new homes to be built on the Phase One Rodney Rd old Heygate Estate site is up. It's got the property prices up for discerning buyers - 290,000 for s studio flat, 320,000 for a one bedroom etc.

But whatever...

However, interesting for long term Elephant residents and those new ones too is the website's Photo Gallery of what makes The Elephant so great to move to.

Can you recognise The Elephant and Castle as we know and love it from these photos?

My favourites must be:
Free Gym in Burgess Park
Wall mosaics in Elephant & Castle
Thursday 4 April 2013 12.04am
tut, tut, it'll never sell as they don't seem to have sufficient sunbathing spaces :S
Thursday 4 April 2013 8.20am
Yes, who knew the elephant was so cool and trendy. I particularly like cycling at the elephant, given that it is the worst cycling black spot in London, that woman had better be careful. Also, I think that's just tiling and not a mosaic.
Thursday 4 April 2013 8.35am
And with Big Ben and St. Pauls right THERE. (Admittedly you can see a lot from my terrace...).
Thursday 4 April 2013 9.07am
What a lovely, idyllic spot. Must move there...Only 327,000 for a studio..really affordable living!
Thursday 4 April 2013 9.22am
'Cycling in Elephant & Castle' - This is a signifier of ones contemporary living standards now, that people cycle? I'm impressed, though a little sceptical the new locals will be popping into Recycle.

In addition to the poor grammar it should surely read 'There's a bike shop at the Elephant & Castle.' I'm sure that will swing it for any international investor.
Thursday 4 April 2013 10.01am
Does every new apartment come with free rose coloured specticles?
Thursday 4 April 2013 3.09pm
beverly wrote:
What a lovely, idyllic spot. Must move there...Only 327,000 for a studio..really affordable living!

Yes, I like how the website makes a distinction between 'affordable housing' and 'part-affordable housing'. What is 'part-affordable housing'? Is that like 'well, it's kinda affordable but actually not really!'
Thursday 4 April 2013 3.35pm
Thursday 4 April 2013 3.55pm
I find it sad that Lend Lease show a picture of Walcott Square in Kennington (a tiny private fenced residents-only patch of grass and four trees nearly 1km from this development) rather than the two well-loved parks that are within 100m of it - Victory Community Park and Nursery Row Park.

But then again perhaps there are no local amenities that they feel could possibly be suitable for their intended buyers. It is telling that the first photo - of the sign post - appears to be there to show how easy it is to leave the area.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: