Decent Pub Food - Borough

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 5 April 2013 1.23pm
I realise there have been many previous discussions around pubs etc. in SE1. In the interests of getting some up to date feedback - can anyone recommend a pub with decent food within say a 1/2 mile radius of Borough Station? I am based more to the north of SE1 (nr bankside) so most pubs on my doorstep are more geared towards the touristy/office crowd. All suggestions gratefully received
Friday 5 April 2013 1.35pm
Give The Royal Oak a try - great food, nice pub.
Friday 5 April 2013 2.31pm
Simon the Tanner on Long Lane.
The Brittania on Kipling Street is a bit hit and miss - sometimes I've had great food in there but the menu seems to change and sometimes not as good.
Friday 5 April 2013 3.28pm
I've only eaten there three or four times but I've always found the food at the Roebuck on Great Dover Street to be of a good standard, they have a few interesting beers on tap as well that go beyond your usual Carling/Fosters/etc etc. It can get quite busy though so on evenings it's often a good idea to book a table.
Friday 5 April 2013 3.38pm
The Boot & Flogger on Redcross Way is worth a shout - quite a few people we know have lunch there.
Friday 5 April 2013 5.53pm
I have mentioned it very often, but The Royal Oak do the best Trifle ever. (and a pretty good roast too)
Saturday 6 April 2013 9.38am
Thanks for all suggestions..!! Will start working my way round them over the next few weeks
Saturday 6 April 2013 10.41am
Had a decent lunch at the Southwark Tavern . I have heard that when they are busy waits can be up to an hour though for food, so plan around that...
cbg
Saturday 6 April 2013 11.20am
The Goldsmith is worth a visit as well!
Sunday 7 April 2013 7.37pm
The Victoria, Pages Walk does good pub lunches (Mon-Sat)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: