Garden centre

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 7 April 2013 5.20pm
Are there any garden centres/nurseries within easy reach of Borough?
Sunday 7 April 2013 7.00pm
B&Q Old Kent Road is pretty good.
Sunday 7 April 2013 7.05pm
Not SE1, haven't been for a couple of years, but it used to be good and easy to reach by train: Dulwich Garden Centre
Monday 8 April 2013 11.25am
I tend to hop on the train from Waterloo and go to the Homebase at Wandsworth Town. Always seems better stocked than the OKR B&Q and is more convenient if you live this side of SE1.
Monday 8 April 2013 4.32pm
if you have a car you can do a little circuit along south croxted road, alleyn's garden centre. if not you can break the bank by going to cliftons, or the chelsea gardner and cabbing back
Monday 8 April 2013 6.26pm
Columbia Road Market on a Sunday morning is a good place for plants.
Tuesday 9 April 2013 8.26am
I drove past Dulwich Garden Centre recently and noticed the shop was completely vacant and the outside area out the back was also empty. It certainly looked closed down, but might possibly have been waiting for a refurbishment (unlikely I think). Given that it is a large piece of land right next to East Dulwich Station, redevelopment of some kind seems a more likely outcome.
Tuesday 9 April 2013 8.33am
Richard Miller wrote:
I drove past Dulwich Garden Centre recently and noticed the shop was completely vacant and the outside area out the back was also empty. It certainly looked closed down, but might possibly have been waiting for a refurbishment (unlikely I think). Given that it is a large piece of land right next to East Dulwich Station, redevelopment of some kind seems a more likely outcome.
Oh, you're right...Didn't know that.
Tuesday 9 April 2013 1.25pm
Try East street market on a Sunday morning. The trader at the end has a lot of plants back at their nursery in Essex so you can ask for something in particular and if they have it, they will bring it on the next Sunday.
Tuesday 9 April 2013 1.59pm
I second connie's recommendation for East St on Sunday. The plant section is half way down at Blackwood Street and in spring and summer in particular it is a great place to find plants, and only a mile or so from Borough.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: