Sainsbury's Borough High Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 9 April 2013 10.07pm
Most peculiar - I called in there this evening as I was passing, and needed a couple of staples (bread, milk etc) - deserted and desolate are the only words that spring to mind. The shelves were totally bare - in pretty much every section, except wine and expected, most tills are now self service, and it feels much more spacious - but what is the point if its not going to be stocked..?! Early teething problems..? The always friendly staff confided that they too were surprised it had not been stocked better. Anyone else experienced this..?
Tuesday 9 April 2013 11.41pm
Strange - I was there at lunchtime, and all the shelves were full. But at least boroughbloke can't blame this on the Co-op.
Wednesday 10 April 2013 9.55am
...but I'd guess that their enlarged 'trading area of 325 sq m' may have been enlarged at the expense of storage space, so the staff don't have reserves ready to hand on the premises as shelves empty.
Saturday 13 April 2013 7.30pm
Teething problems maybe?

Have to say, being in there when busy on wednesday amd the tills layout doesnt seem to work. Feels very cramped by self services ones and queue is confusing
Wednesday 17 April 2013 7.54pm
I visited the renovated store today for the 1st time - it is SO much better than before - a better layout, wider aisles, a million times better than the terrible Tesco Express on Long Lane

I shall make the extra few minutes walk to go to Sainsbury instead from now on !!
Thursday 18 April 2013 8.07am
I used it on Tuesday evening and also thought it was a much improved store....better spacing of the aisles and a much better range of products. I detest tesco on Long Lane...there always seems to be a very slow queue of people waiting to pay and the shop itself is just a very very cheaply converted part of the feels cheap and very unfriendly...and the range is pretty limited.
Thursday 18 April 2013 9.14am
Tesco on Long Lane is also getting a revamp soon

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 18 April 2013 6.56pm
Jsmes - how do you know about the Tesco refit - that is great news !!!
Friday 19 April 2013 12.19am
They no longer sell Rice Krispies but you can get at least two types of Weetabix! The manager was as bemused at this as me.
Friday 19 April 2013 7.07pm
What about shreddies?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: