Good fish&chip shop?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 12 April 2013 12.55pm
Quick question, and possibly as much SE16 as SE1.

Recently moved down towards the Blue/Southwark Pk Rd way having rpeviously been near the luxury of Long Lane Fish Bar. We have not yet discovered a more local rival but a 20 minute walk is a bit far to go and get a fish supper.

Can anyone recommend somewhere in our area?
Friday 12 April 2013 1.14pm
Is London rd too far? Masters Super Fish is an all time classic!
Friday 12 April 2013 1.21pm
Masters is great. I also like Olleys on Gt Suffolk St. I think it went downhill a few years ago, but it's on good form at the moment. Neither of those are too close to you though, sorry. Maybe you need to move house again ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 12 April 2013 1.37pm
St James' Fish bar on the junction of Southwark Park Road and St James Rd has the freshest cod I have ever tasted. Not shy on portions either!
Highly recommend a Friday-evening visit.
Blue Anchor fish bar is a close second.
Friday 12 April 2013 1.53pm
Golden Delight deliver fish and chips.

No connections, just a happy customer
Friday 12 April 2013 2.40pm
Thanks Keira - I'll give them both a try (not at once, I'm not greedy).

Thanks everyone else for the suggestions - Masters and Ollys a little too far away and Golden Delight I will try for their Chinese Food - I never trust F&C from a chinese!
Friday 12 April 2013 6.10pm
Masters Super Fish on the Waterloo Road has 5 star reviews everywhere! I love the place.
Friday 12 April 2013 6.50pm
Masters is nice but I don't think their chips are the best,I get my fish from there and my chips from London rd,best chip i've ever tasted but not sure i'd try much else in there.

Blue anchor fish bar was always the best down that way.
Friday 12 April 2013 7.07pm
Ollie's has upped its game? I too gave up on it a few years back, will pop by and check it out.
Friday 12 April 2013 8.31pm
Masters Super Fish - remember that name - best of the bunch.

Can I also take the time to moan about Johnny's Fish & Chips - it's now arse. When he had the small chippie next door he was fab - now he does burgers and kebabs he is, well, arse - dry fish and well over priced.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: