Carluccios on B St.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 15 April 2013 8.13pm
I heard a rumour Carluccio's is going into the half completed site on Bermondsey street opposite Zucca. Does anyone know if this is true ?
Tuesday 16 April 2013 12.19pm
I believe that site is owned by the Ticino Bakery a few doors down from Zucca, who are opening a cafe. I think there's a thread on here somewhere with CGI images of what it will look like, it looks great!
Tuesday 16 April 2013 6.04pm
That's correct James, but as we know the project has stumbled and I have heard Carluccio's is after it.
Tuesday 16 April 2013 7.23pm
ARGHH! The first crappy chain to move onto the street... This is the start of something very bad indeed if so...
Tuesday 16 April 2013 8.26pm
Very unlikely to be Carluccio's with zucca and Antico next door
Tuesday 16 April 2013 9.44pm
Carluccio's restaurants aren't bad, but compared to Zucca and Antico, they can best be described as very slightly up-market greasy spoons.
Tuesday 16 April 2013 9.53pm
They come with very nice shops but again very unlikely to set up in Bermondsey St . As chains go the brand is far superior to its competitors eg Zizzi or Prezzo
Wednesday 17 April 2013 8.32am
I think IMHO some of the comments are a bit unkind to Carluccio's ...yes it is a chain but it isn't bad at all compared to some of them and they do try to present a quality product without going into the stratosphere with their prices. Personally I would prefer an artisan bakery/cafe but I would prefer Carluccio's to a derelict site.
Wednesday 17 April 2013 9.18am
Ah I was not aware the project had stumbled, but I did think work had maybe slowed/stop. That is real shame, I hope they can dig themselves out of it, the original idea looked very promising and I was looking forward to it.
Wednesday 17 April 2013 1.35pm
I agree with the runningman, it's not about the integrity or suitability of any particular chain. I for one would love to see Ticino products more readily available to the public. But overall isn't this the attractive part of the street ? No chains ? No high street ? Do we really need another high street branded area ? Isn't it the likes of The Garrison, Woolpack, Zucca and Jose that have made the area so interesting. Then the other smaller owner operators close by such as SimontheTanner, Brittania, The Leather Exchange Marigold, Royal Oak offering more interesting alternatives.
Another interesting site @ 124 seems to have stopped as well, anyone know why ?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: