Badminton court

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 17 April 2013 11.34am
Hey Guys,
We are currently students and looking for a badminton court to play 1-2 hour/ week. Do you guys know where can we find one and the rate as well ?

And anyone want to join us is welcome. We just sooo need to excercise :P
Saturday 20 April 2013 7.40pm
Hello. My boyfriend and I would also be interested. A year ago we asked in the Downside Centre on Druid Street, but they said that anyone wishing to play badminton needs to book the entire hall (costing perhaps 20/hour).

It's worth asking again though, cause things may have changed... And also is it's possible to form a group of 8-10 people, then it would be pretty affordable.
Monday 22 April 2013 9.35am
Hi - I heard from someone that there is a badminton club in SE16, potentially at the Bacon college. Maybe something to start looking at, but unfortunately don't have more information.
Monday 22 April 2013 9.43am
The London South Bank University sports centre has badminton facilities and is open to the public.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 22 April 2013 9.48am
What's the difference between badminton and tennis? I know you hit a ball with tennis and something else (shuttlecock) with badminton, but is the playing field/the courts the same?

There are public tennis courts in Tanner Street Park.
Monday 22 April 2013 10.50am
Badminton courts are smaller, but mostly the difference is badminton is usually played indoors as the wind catches the shuttlecock otherwise.
Monday 22 April 2013 11.01am
Ah, yes. Sorry for my suggestion of playing in the park then! Thanks, Truthmonkey, for pointing out the obvious.
Monday 22 April 2013 11.42am
I have played at one of these clubs before - you might find one close to you.

No strings badminton
Tuesday 23 April 2013 10.57pm
Hi!!

Try the Colombo Sports Cente&Gym in Colombo Street Se1 (off Roupell Street/or Blackfriars Road). There used to be three badminton courts for hire but i believe there have reduced that to one but it is reasonably priced. Also i am looking for someone to play with and if ur interested in a game just drop me a line..
sataylor95@yahoo.co.uk
Wednesday 24 April 2013 8.15am
Good luck with the one remaining Colombo Street court. It's almost impossible to book at weekends because, although you can only book a week in advance, it seems that groups and classes can block-book for months in advance. In the past six months I've managed to book it exactly four times, despite my friend and I trying on at least 15 - 20 seperate occasions since last October! Once yo've got it it's great, as you have the hall to yourself.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: