Dog walker/sitter recommendations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 19 April 2013 12.56pm
I've just moved to SE1 with my dog and am looking for a dog walker. I've seem a few threads were some are mentioned but most recommendations, with the exception of those relating to CDPOM, seem to have an awful lot of first time posters who happen to appear at the same time as a business has thrown themselves into the ring...so not terribly reliable.

I've had really bad experiences with dog walkers in the past, despite checking references thoroughly, and I don't want to get into that situation again.

Any suggestions?
Friday 19 April 2013 2.20pm
It depends where you are in SE1 really. If you are in the Bermondsey/Shad Thames area London Pet Services are very good - reliable, caring and flexible. THey usually only walk one dog at a time and adapt their care (walking/playing/throwing balls etc) to the individual dog. They are at www.londonpetservices.com
Monday 22 April 2013 6.53am
Hi I live in se17 area' I've been looking for a dog walking/sitter job for a very long time. I'm available mon-fri ''''
Wednesday 24 April 2013 12.44pm
Try contacting Anthea on se1dogwalkerATgmail.com
(I know her personally - not in a dogwalking capacity.)

If she isn't suitable for you she can probably put you in touch with other local dog walkers.
Monday 29 April 2013 9.43am
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to try Southbank Dog Walking and London Pet Services and see how I get on.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 2.11pm
Quick update for anyone that is interested.

Southbank Dog Walking - replied with one email then disappeared off the face of the earth, despite chasing. Obviously not in need of any business!

London Pet Services - No lunchtime availability during the week.

Back to the drawing board it seems. So recommendations again are welcomed.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 2.29pm
Not hav'n much luck '''' r u looking for a business or a person in general '''. I'm still looking for work ''''
Wednesday 8 May 2013 6.50pm
@wendybiondini
Trusting someone with the welfare of your dog and entry to your home is not a decision taken lightly. With no official business details, references, insurance policy or CRB documentation offered by yourself this is not a service I could consider.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 7.28pm
Thank you for reply. I understand completely our dog passed on after 17 years ''''.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 9.12pm
I understand how you feel about the care of your pet, I have a Labrador and he is part of the family, I take her every day for a walk at Southwark Park, wich he enjoyed so much, and I have CRB, if you are interesred please let me know.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: