Elim Estate, Weston Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 April 2013 5.18pm
HI!

I'm looking at a flat in Weston Street on Elim Estate and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the property and the estate. I love the area, especially the south bank and borough market.

Does anyone live on the estate or near it?

Thanks for the help guys.

Charlie
Tuesday 23 April 2013 4.32pm
i lived on Elim from 2000-2006; have mainly v happy memories and the location is second to none. When they built the basket ball courts that led to some teenage stairwell sitting that used to annoy me but it was more of an annoyance than a nuisance if you know what I mean. friendly little estate IMO
Tuesday 23 April 2013 6.39pm
I had relatives who lived there in the 1920s, so probably not very helpful! Hope you get the info you need. The general area is good, you're close to bus routes and Borough tube is just up the road. I would recommend Simon the Tanner as a local pub.
Wednesday 24 April 2013 9.19am
I lived off Weston Street for 5 years, but the North side of Long Lane. Nice area, as has been said it is a great location in terms of getting about.

Never had any problems, there are groups of teenagers sitting in various stairwells but I always found them pleasant and polite enough.

There has been a bit of a problem in the area with mobile phone thefts recently, so be on your guard when walking around texting/talking.

Long Lane Fish Bar, Simon the Tanner, the Brittania, Mei King, Cafe Nawaz all nearby local amenities.
Friday 26 April 2013 11.37am
Hi,

Well; I live there now and the location is fantastic, you have everything close by. The majority of neighbours are great (there are a few that are a pain) - but I think you get that anywhere.

There are sometimes kids on stairs, but we were informed 2 weeks ago that they are installing security doors on our estate - so that is great news!

Hope this helps. Dont hesitate to contact me if you want anymore information.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: