Anybody know where to buy khubz Arabic bread in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 28 April 2013 3.51pm
Just wondering if anybody knew a grocery store in SE1 that sold khobez Arabic flatbreads? I've been getting them on the odd occasion from Edgeware road, but was hoping there might be somewhere more local, if anybody knows.

Thanks.
Sunday 28 April 2013 4.22pm
Pretty sure I've seen them in st James supermarket. Junction of Southwark park road and st james rd.Hollyland is the brand,But I've also seen them on the old kent road in the Halalway food centre ltd.I bet there's a whole bunch of shops in a 100 meters on that road they could be found
Sunday 28 April 2013 4.25pm
nigel wrote:
Pretty sure I've seen them in st James supermarket. Junction of Southwark park road and st james rd.Hollyland is the brand,But I've also seen them on the old kent road in the Halalway food centre ltd.I bet there's a whole bunch of shops in a 100 meters on that road they could be found

Brilliant, thanks for that, super swift reply! Hollyland is the brand I usually get.

I'm hoping somebody might know a source closer to London Bridge or Southwark tube, but if not St James sounds great.

Cheers.
Sunday 28 April 2013 5.51pm
I tried St James and they have loads of selections of breads, including durum flatbread and Tortilla type breads but none of the traditional flatbread.
Sunday 28 April 2013 6.17pm
always a great selection of fresh bread at the turkish supermarket on walworth road.
Jac
Monday 29 April 2013 10.48am
Rabh wrote:

Brilliant, thanks for that, super swift reply! Hollyland is the brand I usually get.

I'm hoping somebody might know a source closer to London Bridge or Southwark tube, but if not St James sounds great.

Cheers.

This shop is well worth a visit even if it is not as handy as you would like. I too wish it was slightly nearer to London bridge being a tad lazy at time but Chances are you will come back with more than just bread, it a great shop.
Monday 29 April 2013 11.28am
My Mrs went to St James supermarket on sat after visiting her mother and came back with a loaf the size of my torso for,wait for it,79p,it was amazing I sat all night with a knife and some butter,my stmach resembling a lions after a feast.
Zoe
Monday 29 April 2013 11.54am
Laughed at that one, I too can be quite greedy with good bread.

I did see some in Asda on OKR but it's a bit hit and miss. I second the Walworth Road Turkish grocers.
Monday 29 April 2013 6.28pm
They definitely have Hollyland flatbread in St James supermarket its at the back on the lowest shelf,though is prone to selling out.
Tuesday 30 April 2013 8.46am
That shop is fab! The viet shop opp good too

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: