Community Conversation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 29 April 2013 7.26pm
I went to John Harvard Library today at 2pm to take part in the conversation about the future of council housing in Southwark. Unfortunately the conversation was a little one-sided as, despite waiting for over ten minutes, there was no-one there from the council...
Monday 29 April 2013 8.45pm
Peter Davis wrote:
I went to John Harvard Library today at 2pm to take part in the conversation about the future of council housing in Southwark. Unfortunately the conversation was a little one-sided as, despite waiting for over ten minutes, there was no-one there from the council...

Oh, that is the Council's idea of a conversation. SOP.
Monday 29 April 2013 9.28pm
Sounds like Cameron's Big Society nonsense.
Monday 29 April 2013 9.49pm
I'm posting on a factual basis to say a LBS event did take place in JH Library today. I was there some time after 3 pm, and by then Council officers were present and approaching people. I don't know what time it started, but happen it did.
Monday 29 April 2013 10.26pm
I don't doubt that it happened Lionel, but it did not start at 2pm as it should. In fact, I'd told a neighbour about this community conversation and he also left disappointed. A similar thing happened when the council was consulting recently about the neighbourhood forum. Information on this was supposed to be available at JHL, which I informed people about but someone who went to view that information told me it wasn't there. I visited the library to check for myself and nothing was available.
Tuesday 30 April 2013 2.43pm
Good afternoon Mr Davis,

I have just seen your post and as the council officer responsible for coordinating these consultation events I just wanted to apologise that staff were not available at the advertised time.

I have spoken to the officers who attended the John Harvard drop in session and they confirmed that they got caught up in traffic which resulted in the session starting 15 minutes later than the advertised time of 2pm. To ensure this does not happen again, I have asked all staff involved in these consultation sessions to leave additional time for travel.

I’m sorry you were not able to give the council your views on this important subject; officers are holding over 20 drop in sessions around the borough (including all day Saturday sessions in shopping centres and on high streets) as well attending a further 50 community forums and events, so I hope you will submit your views at one of these or via the online survey https://forms.southwark.gov.uk/ShowForm.asp?fm_fid=897

I’m going to post a separate thread which will contain some background information on this consultation ‘the future of council housing in Southwark’, other online resources and the full details of the different ways residents can take part.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Alice
Alice Orr-Ewing| Resident Involvement Coordinator
Community Participation | Housing and Community Services Department | Southwark Council
Tel: 020 7525 7791| alice.orr-ewing@southwark.gov.uk
Tuesday 30 April 2013 6.40pm
Thanks for the update Alice. The power of the Se1 Forum!
Thursday 2 May 2013 1.50pm
Just a late in the day thought - 'caught up in the traffic' - bit of a no brainer given the traffic chaos of that area in the last few years (and continuing) - couldn't the council officers involved travel by tube? a five minute walk from Borough or London Bridge is all it takes to get to JHL....
Thursday 2 May 2013 2.05pm
Did they have to be stuck in the traffic..all the way from Tooley Street! Shanksy's Pony comes to mind..
Thursday 2 May 2013 2.29pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Did they have to be stuck in the traffic..all the way from Tooley Street! Shanksy's Pony comes to mind..

Have you tried driving all the way from Tooley St to BHS during a work day?
I'm surprised they were only 15 mins late.
Damn traffic. Who could possibly sort it out I wonder?

It's a nasty walk anyway up along Bermondsey St then maybe a stroll through Leathermarket Gardens & Guy St park before running the guanlet through the back alleys to the libary
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: