Review of Urgent Care Centre at Guy's

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 1 May 2013 10.57am
Dear all

My name is Harprit Lally and I work for Southwark Clinical Commissioning Group. In July of last year, an Urgent Care Centre opened at Guys Hospital, replacing the previous Minor Injuries Unit. Please click here for further information about this service.

We are currently reviewing this service and are interested in the views and experience of anyone that has attended the Urgent Care Centre (UCC). If you have been to the UCC since July of last year, wed be keen to hear what you thought e.g. what worked well, what you feel could be improved etc. Any feedback would be valuable.

thank you for your help
Harprit
Wednesday 1 May 2013 5.28pm
Hello Harprit - how do you want to receive feedback? Should we just post replies on this forum?
Wednesday 1 May 2013 11.34pm
I used the new service and was impressed by it !
Thursday 2 May 2013 8.23am
I used the service to take my 20 month old son in when he was really poorly and I couldn't get an appointment at my regular GP, while I was really grateful to be seen and given a prescription (he had a chest infection & infection induced asthma) I was made to feel like I shouldn't have been there. I was told if I rung my Dr and told them I had a young child with difficulty breathing I should be given an appointment (I wasnt told this once but three or four times). But that just isn't the case at some Drs surgeries if it hits 3/4pm and you need to be seen. So overall I think its a great service but we shouldn't be made to feel like pests if we use it.
Thursday 2 May 2013 9.06am
I used the service once with my son regarding a suspected broken wrist and was very impressed. The doctor who looked after us was very friendly and competent; it was some of the best medical service I have received. Don't change it!
Thursday 2 May 2013 10.25am
I took my daughter there about six weeks ago. Was very impressed: was spotlessly clean, friendly reception staff and we were dealt with by an excellent nurse called Linda. She answered all questions and explained everything and arranged an x-ray just to be sure. Even so, we were still in and out within about an hour. Very well run.
Thursday 2 May 2013 11.47am
I have used it twice and found the service/treatment to be excellent - including watching 'Scrubs' on the TV :p Many thanks.
Friday 3 May 2013 10.13am
Hello
Yes, if i could please have your thoughts via the forum. We are keen to hear what your experience has been - what worked well, what you thought could be improved and any other thoughts
thanks in advance
Harprit

Sandgrown Dave wrote:
Hello Harprit - how do you want to receive feedback? Should we just post replies on this forum?
Friday 3 May 2013 10.15am
Hello VicD
Thank you and pleased to hear that. If there was anything in particular that you found useful, i'd be interested to know

Also, we are intending to do some patient/public forums - if you would be interested please do let me know.
many thanks
Harprit
Friday 3 May 2013 10.20am
Dear Kelza
Thank you for that feedback - really useful.

We are potentially considering doing some focus groups to gather views from patients that have used the service and the wider public - if you would be interested in being involved please do email me at Harprit.Lally@nhs.net

kind regards
Harprit

Kelza wrote:
I used the service to take my 20 month old son in when he was really poorly and I couldn't get an appointment at my regular GP, while I was really grateful to be seen and given a prescription (he had a chest infection & infection induced asthma) I was made to feel like I shouldn't have been there. I was told if I rung my Dr and told them I had a young child with difficulty breathing I should be given an appointment (I wasnt told this once but three or four times). But that just isn't the case at some Drs surgeries if it hits 3/4pm and you need to be seen. So overall I think its a great service but we shouldn't be made to feel like pests if we use it.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: