Half hour parking bays in SE1.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 7 May 2013 8.57pm
Just wondering if anyone knows of any red route parking bays around Union Street/Southwark tube?

I need to pop to Southwark Bridge Rd but don't really want to pay for parking (what is it now 4 an hour?!) to run in a shop and back!!
Tuesday 7 May 2013 10.22pm
How about going into the garage where taxi drivers go in great suffolk street? use your charm and make some excuse as to why you have to leave your car there for only ten minutes or so..i.e. get your 101 year old granny a birthday card! Or just explain to the girls in the shop the truth?
Zoe
Wednesday 8 May 2013 6.42am
The red route bays would be on SBR itself or Blackfriars Road, but you need to check any red route bays for cameras as TFL are very strict on the definition of unloading (apparently, unloading yourself to go to a shop doesn't count!).

Large vans illegally park all the time on the section of union street between SBR and Borough High Street, on the yellow lines and even on the wide pavement bike lane. The council occasionally sends cameras up there, but generally the vehicles appear to get away with it, despite causing a right blockage in the road. Which bit of SBR are you going to?
Wednesday 8 May 2013 9.04am
Personally I would rather pay the 2 for the half hour on a parking meter and know that I would be avoiding the much higher fine for illegal parking.
The peace of mind is worth more than the 2 cost.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 5.27pm
Personally I'd rather stick by the rules, rather than ask for others' help to break them

...if you press it, they will come.
Zoe
Wednesday 8 May 2013 8.28pm
Completely agree, just pay the parking charge, it's not worth the parking ticket. In case I wasn't clear, I was bemoaning the illegal parking on Union Street, not encouraging it!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: