New trees for old?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 11.52am
All very welcome of course: Mayor announces new funding for thousands of trees and calls on Londoners to make city leafier

Wouldn't it be lovely if the 5,000 referred to in the second paragraph: "In a range of initiatives to boost tree planting, the Mayor is opening up funding bids for 5,000 more street trees as part of his pledge to plant 10,000 new street trees by 2015." all come to SE1 since we're losing the 5,000 beautiful mature ones on the Heygate?

Fat chance!
Wednesday 8 May 2013 3.26pm
What a shame they could not go into the Heygate with digger/bulldozer thingys and up-root them and transplant into the middle of the bricklayers them a fortune..and save the lovely trees..
Wednesday 8 May 2013 9.12pm
I've just gone onto the website and none of the links takes me to a grant application form. If anyone finds it, can they post the link. We've just had some trees vandalised in our community garden and would love to replace them.
Thursday 9 May 2013 4.27pm
At least four trees have blown down on Tabard Gardens North over the last two years and haven't been replaced. Maybe it's a health and safety issue.

There are 13 new trees (and hopefully more will be added) on the roof terrace of The Place. Should look good in a couple of months
Thursday 9 May 2013 4.41pm
A horrible, unimaginative lump of a building. At least the planting relieves a bit of that monotonous slab of glass.
Friday 10 May 2013 9.57am
I walked through Tabard Gardens last night and noticed they've planted a load of 'new' trees there. Not sure if they've been there a while but it was the first time I'd noticed them and I pass by at least once a week.
Friday 10 May 2013 10.10am
Glad to hear new trees have been planted in Tabard Gardens park.

By Tabard Gardens North, I mean the green areas around Mermaid Court and Tennis Street where 3/4 trees have fallen or been felled over the last couple of years and haven't been replaced.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: