Patisserie Lila - no buggies

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 8 May 2013 3.48pm
I know there were bad comments in the past about this patisserie as it is not possible to just sit down and have a coffee. Still we decided to go there and also have a cake. The patisserie was - apart from one other person - empty, but they asked us to leave the buggy outside as they are not allowed inside. As the little 2 year old was sleeping we asked if this is really necessary as we didn't want to wake her up, so we were not allowed to stay and had to leave.

Reason why, apparantly one of the waitresses has once tripped and burned a child.

Is these kind of behaviour allowed?
Wednesday 8 May 2013 4.36pm
Perhaps they should employ waitresses with good vision! seriously if that was the problem at least it seems reasonable. May try going in there one day when my mobility is particularly bad with wheelchair and see the reaction..
Wednesday 8 May 2013 4.58pm
I think it must've been 7-8 years ago that I had my bad experience with this place and posted about it here. I haven't been back since. It seems they haven't lost their touch when it comes to alienating customers.

Funnily enough, I recently opened a cafe and patisserie myself, in another borough - and I've got to say, if I banned buggies in my place, I'd hardly have any customers! Yes, buggies are big these days. That's just the way it is. There must at least be an attempt to accommodate them, not apply some blanket rule even when the cafe is empty.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 5.06pm
Wednesday 8 May 2013 5.15pm
longlaner wrote:

I saw the Tripadvisor comments...incredible how they can stay there.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 6.04pm
longlaner wrote:

I cannot believe what i've just read there,it's actually made me want to visit,I wish I was there when they had a go at the old lady!
Wednesday 8 May 2013 7.00pm
longlaner wrote:

Goodness, this is indeed unbelievable. At least service levels are consistent, you have to give her that.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 8.07pm
Reason why, apparantly one of the waitresses has once tripped and burned a child.

Is these kind of behaviour allowed?[/quote]

No, burning of children is not allowed
Wednesday 8 May 2013 9.11pm
The posts and TripAdvisor comments were so intriguing about this place that I think I'll have to take a leisurely stroll up there just to see the fun!
Wednesday 8 May 2013 9.12pm
Hysterical! I wonder if anyone at the place reads those reviews . Interesting to speculate iwhether the market authorities/trustees maintain any quality control over their tenants... Or are they tenants at all ??
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: