Vandalised trees

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 9.16pm
In the last 24 hours someone has seriously vandalised and/or removed 14 pencil cypresses that were planted in our garden in The Cut. The trees were on the corner of Joan Street and The Cut. If you saw anything would you please send me a private message.
Zoe
Wednesday 8 May 2013 10.36pm
These are the trees we were given from the mirror of trees exhibit at Emma Cons Gardens a few years ago. Karen moved them by herself from Emma Cons in a wheelbarrow during some really freezing weather (it was a week day, we weren't just being mean to Karen and leaving her to do all the work, before anyone asks). They weren't in a great state and it's taken some time for them to recover, so it's particularly sad they have now been vandalised as we'll never be able to afford to replace them.

Lets hope another artisist has some trees they don't want, if anyone hears about anything similar.......
Saturday 11 May 2013 2.36pm
Karen,
I took the opportunity to look at the damage to your pencil cypresses and was amazed at the deliberation of the act. I do think that you should report the vandalism to the police because a lunatic is wandering the streets with either a very sharp axe or a machete, It looks like he/she has chopped halfway through each tree in one cut and then wrenched the other half off. I know they weren't very thick trees but one would need an extremely sharp blade and effort to cut through even halfway. Report it if you haven't done so already.
I do hope you get some information.
Sunday 12 May 2013 4.37pm
Thanks Bunhouse. It has been reported to the police.
Monday 13 May 2013 8.12am
Is there no end to some people's utter depravity? Why? Why? How does anyone get satisfaction from such a mindless act. I could cry.
Monday 13 May 2013 9.05am
this sounds awful - so sorry to hear - hope the trees recover in time

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: