News International could swap Wapping for London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 9 May 2013 5.27am
Rumours certainly but this would really be a game changer in the London Bridge area. The folks at Roast must be delighted...all those News International lunches on expenses
Thursday 9 May 2013 8.53am
Be good to get some critical mass going on in London Bridge as I have yet to hear about the office part of the Shard itself being let. And hopefully it will lead to an improvement in BHS (I know another thread) but its all linked.
Thursday 9 May 2013 8.55am
There goes the neighbourhood.
Thursday 9 May 2013 8.57am
another rumour has Al-Jazeera in the Shard. So SE1 becomes the centre of international media corporations? of course there have been such stories floating around before...no doubt others know more and will keep us posted
Thursday 9 May 2013 9.01am
urbanite wrote:
Be good to get some critical mass going on in London Bridge as I have yet to hear about the office part of the Shard itself being let. And hopefully it will lead to an improvement in BHS (I know another thread) but its all linked.
My Ocado delivery man recently used the Shard as an excuse for a late delivery... He said "It's a long way up", and when I expressed my surprise that he delivered there and that I thought it was practically empty, he said that "It's not as empty as you'd think...", smiling enigmatically.
Thursday 9 May 2013 12.28pm
urbanite wrote:
Be good to get some critical mass going on in London Bridge.

Critical mass? Weren't they the insignificant bunch of clowns that tried,(unsuccessfully), to wind me and other drivers up by riding slowly around the roundabout on the south side of Waterloo Bridge, usually on Friday evenings?
I remember punters in the back of my taxi getting apoplectic with rage as they realised that they might miss their train because of those cretins, while safe in the knowledge that it wasn't my fault, I lazily watched the meter keep ticking up.
I've handed in my badge now, and no longer have to suffer their antics, while feigning empathy with the punters and suggesting that they write to Boris about it.
Thursday 9 May 2013 12.41pm
boroughpaul wrote:
another rumour has Al-Jazeera in the Shard. So SE1 becomes the centre of international media corporations? of course there have been such stories floating around before...no doubt others know more and will keep us posted

Its not a roomer, AJ Sport, AJArabic and AJEnglish are moving into the shard
Thursday 9 May 2013 1.47pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
urbanite wrote:
Be good to get some critical mass going on in London Bridge.

Critical mass? Weren't they the insignificant bunch of clowns that tried,(unsuccessfully), to wind me and other drivers up by riding slowly around the roundabout on the south side of Waterloo Bridge, usually on Friday evenings?
I remember punters in the back of my taxi getting apoplectic with rage as they realised that they might miss their train because of those cretins, while safe in the knowledge that it wasn't my fault, I lazily watched the meter keep ticking up.
I've handed in my badge now, and no longer have to suffer their antics, while feigning empathy with the punters and suggesting that they write to Boris about it.

Surely if you and your punters hadn't been stuck behind a herd of people on bikes moving slowly you'd just have been stuck behind a herd of people in cars/buses/vans moving slowly?

Anyway, News International - I have a friend who works there so I'll see if I can get any 'rumours'.
Thursday 9 May 2013 2.57pm
Funnily enough, in June I will move the other way and swap Shad Thames for Wapping. Only jobwise though, I would never move out of SE1.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: