Sainsbury's 171 Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 10 May 2013 1.01pm
Another nail in the local shops
Friday 10 May 2013 2.02pm
Really? About 200 metres from the one on Bermondsey Square?

Not that there are many local shops around there for it to affect, are there? Just the little off-license opposite I suppose. Can't see it affecting the deli.
Friday 10 May 2013 2.30pm
I have a spare bedroom, maybe Sainsbury's or Tesco's can move in... lol
Friday 10 May 2013 3.39pm
Which building is 171?
Friday 10 May 2013 3.42pm
urbanite wrote:
Which building is 171?

As per the first message - the former site of the Valentine Pub (on the corner with Weston St)
Friday 10 May 2013 3.47pm
In another thread I expressed the wish for a Little Waitrose to be opened here and it will be Sainsbury's. I don't really mind which one it is, but I do think that that particular corner is a very good one. It will change that dead corner into a more lively one.
Friday 10 May 2013 3.49pm
Longranger wrote:

Be very careful Longranger, if that nice Mr. Cameron learns of your spare bedroom he will inform that nice Mr. Osborne, and HMRC will be in touch.
Friday 10 May 2013 11.02pm
4 Sainsbury's within 500m...spoilt for choice!!
STT
Saturday 11 May 2013 12.38am
No!!! Really? We looked at it a while back for a possible brewery site but far too expensive for us. Not another supermarket though, surely!
Saturday 11 May 2013 8.15am
Longranger wrote:
too true... I mean, I like doing the shopping more than most people, but I don't need to see a half-dozen half-a**ed shops within a ten minute walk of each other! And yet we're still lacking a decent good-sized branch of ANY grocer (T, S or even *gasp* W) in the area - just a surfeit of disappointing metro/express shops. <grits teeth in frustration and prepares for long shlep to OKR, St Katherines Dock or Canary Wharf>
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: