Fresh Grimsby Fish

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Friday 10 May 2013 9.51pm
Hi All
I was reading some threads from 2011 regarding a mobile fishmonger in SE1? Well, I am setting up a mobile round within the area in the next month or so.
I will be travelling down from my home in Grimsby, width an emporium of fresh Grimsby Fish & Seafood..

If you would like me to call round, please make contact via here....
Kind regards

Phil The Fish from Grimsby
Saturday 11 May 2013 1.58pm
Yes please - what day / time will you be here?
Saturday 11 May 2013 6.07pm
Hi
Thank you for replying to my thread.
More than likely it will be Tuesday late afternoon / evening,
Within the next few weeks hopefully my website will go live, with all my contact details on.
If you would be so kind as to spread the word this would be greatly appreciated...
Kind regards

Phil
Sunday 12 May 2013 10.14am
Wonderful Phil, I love fish...all fish...especially skate! if you come after 6pm you can park easily in our street, or after 6.30pm...no congestion charge save yourself a tenner!
Monday 13 May 2013 9.28am
Sounds brilliant - will definitely keep an eye out for the website & further details
Monday 13 May 2013 12.46pm
Good luck with this Phil. For what it's worth here's a few tips based on my experience as a customer of such services:

(1) Try to keep to a regular slot so customers know when you will be coming (informing in advance on a website would be great, could run it as a Facebook page or tweet it)
(2) Watch the prices. You do of course need to make a decent profit but some of the guys who have visited have been taking the proverbial with their pricing (like or not supermarkets are getting better at selling fish).
(3) Don't be a pushy seller. So many of us in London are wary of door to door sellers and any hint of being pushy will get a door in your face. Pre-warning people (through this site to your own site) is a great way of getting people warmed up ready for your visits.
(4) Don't just push bulk (freezer) orders. Lot's of us in London do not have large freezers and so this is never going to appeal. Plus the appeal for me, at least, is getting fish that is as fresh as possible.
(5) Variety of fish on offer is good so not just the 'classics' but also some more unusual stuff will get people like me buying it just for a change (also things like crab are always welcome!)

Very best of luck with it - hope it's a huge success for you.
Tuesday 14 May 2013 7.22am
Hi Thank you for the previous post.
Many years ago, i had a very similar business working in and around West London.
One thing I have learnt over the years in business either working for myself or others that time keeping, punctuality, and service come paramount.

Price is key too, as you say the supermarkets are getting better, but only slowly.
Having worked in the seafood industry for nearly 30 years, I have seen the supply chain from all angles.

Anyhow, Just to keep you all up to speed..
Week commencing 3rd June will be my first week in London and I am planning to canvess the area hopefully week commencing 10th June for door to door visits week commencing 17th June. If you would be so kind as to advise of a few roads / postcodes this would be great...

Please feel free to keep in contact eith though this thread, or PM with details

Looking forward to seeing you all soon with Phils Grimsby Fish Emporium

Phil
Tuesday 14 May 2013 8.10am
I am looking forward to this and hope I will be able to take full advantage. We eat fish at least once a week if not more, so you'd be hugely welcome.
Tuesday 14 May 2013 8.29am
Hi Edward,
Looks like I have two or three new customers already...

Variety will be good, living and working in Grimsby since I was born, and of course working in the indistry in my home town for 30 years I have some fantastic suppliers lined up..
From the thickest Cod Fillet to the sweetest Haddock..
Prime fish such as Lemon & Dover Soles and my favourite Halibut.. this list can be endless so your idea's are more than welcome.

I am planning to have a "fish of the week" and with the help of my wife Kathryn work out a recipe to accompany.
When it comes to Shellfish, Scallops Crab and Lobster realy take a lot of beating, but my favourite is Mussels...

Phil
Tuesday 14 May 2013 9.01am
Mussels...a hen crab...or was it a cock crab? senior moment Phil can't remember what is the best! I love proper scallops complete with roe, gently fried in bacon fat...oh crikey I am starving..will now go out in my kitchen cupboard and see if I can find a jar of fishpaste!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: